Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trim Stiching

G'day Guys,

Over the weekend I gave the trim in my newly purchased 07 VLX a good clean and I am very happy with how it has come up!

I have two questions,

1. On the rear couch cushions there the piping crosses the center of the base cushion the stitching is starting to pull very slightly, is there something I should be doing about this? Or should I wait till it tears and then get the cushion re trimmed?

2. In the bow of my boat there is some marks on the trim, it looks like over spray from spray painting (but I have no idea what it actually is. I had a good go at it with vinyl cleaer and a brush with no luck, what else can i use which wont damage the vinyl?

Cheers

Stewart

The rear cushions have this problem they will tear eventually. You can try to have them repaired now. Or replace them later. I got lucky and noticed it while under warranty. Malibu sent me new skins and I'm sitting on them waiting for the originals to finish tearing. As for the spots up front try malco. It works great. Follow up with a good conditioner.

G'day Guys,

Over the weekend I gave the trim in my newly purchased 07 VLX a good clean and I am very happy with how it has come up!

I have two questions,

1. On the rear couch cushions there the piping crosses the center of the base cushion the stitching is starting to pull very slightly, is there something I should be doing about this? Or should I wait till it tears and then get the cushion re trimmed?

2. In the bow of my boat there is some marks on the trim, it looks like over spray from spray painting (but I have no idea what it actually is. I had a good go at it with vinyl cleaer and a brush with no luck, what else can i use which wont damage the vinyl?

Cheers

Stewart

The overspray might be from a previous repair. They spray the color match paint on and feather it out. I've got some overspray also due to a lousy repair attempt.

Edited by Ndawg12

Thanks Guys,

I will get some of that stuff and give it a go.

As far as the stitching goes, I will get it dry after I use it and replace the covers when I have to.

I think the over spray is from something painted next to the boat in previous owners shed, it is the wrong color for anything on the boat. I will try to clean it but I am not too stressed about it, realistically the drivers seat is the most important and its perfect!

Cheers

Stewart