Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Center Cover

My center cover on the floor has fallen apart and needs to be replaced. Anybody know where I can get a new one?

Thanks,

Mark

Edited by Yeager

My center cover on the floor has fallen apart and needs to be replaced. Anybody know where I can get a new one?

Thanks,

Mark

By saying "the center cover on the floor" do you mean the in floor ski locker door? if so, your best bet is the dealer.....and just to warn you, they are not cheap. I have a 2 piece door. One covers the ski locker, and a smaller one covers the in floor ice chest. The smaller of the two basically caved in and to replace it cost me $165. Gonna bet the larger one will be over $200. BTW, they are using a new material in the door that is much more rigid that our vintage boats. So should last alot longer.

Thank you for the reply. My door is a single door that coves the front ballast pump and center drain. It approximately 10" x 14" ( guessing)

Ok. your best bet is going to be through the dealer. Give them your Hull ID number and they will be able to match the carpeting color to your boats. Also, if you order it I'd suggest ordering the hingle that it is attached to and fastens to the door frame in the floor. Those are a PITA to gett off the old doors without damaging them. They used stainless steel rivets to fasten them to the door, which is basically a honey comb aluminum material sandwiched between two pieces of thin aluminum sheets.

good luck. PM me if you need any more tips on replacing

Ok. your best bet is going to be through the dealer. Give them your Hull ID number and they will be able to match the carpeting color to your boats. Also, if you order it I'd suggest ordering the hingle that it is attached to and fastens to the door frame in the floor. Those are a PITA to gett off the old doors without damaging them. They used stainless steel rivets to fasten them to the door, which is basically a honey comb aluminum material sandwiched between two pieces of thin aluminum sheets.

good luck. PM me if you need any more tips on replacing

Mine's just rigid plastic covered with carpet with a recessed stainless handle. There are no hinges, it just lifts out for inspection. Can you reinforce it with some aluminum bar?

Edited by Ndawg12