Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Question about Babe's Detailing Products

I have the Boat Shine Spray wax and I was wondering if you can just spray that right on and wipe off after taking out of the lake or do you have to fully wash the boat every time first? I am thinking you can just spray and wipe off after every use and this will be a quicker and easier way to maintain after each use without having to wash every time? My problem is we store at enclosed storage at the marina and I do not have access to a hose and the only way I can fully wash it is to tow it to my house and I am hoping to do this every other weekend and not after every use.

My dealer highly recommended Babe's products but I see from a few searches that a lot of people on the forum also like Boat Bling products as well - Are they both pretty comparable? Seems like boat bling may have a better hard water spot remover

Thanks,

Scott

I've had great luck with the Seat Soap (for end of year cleaning) and the Boat Bright (for everyday wipedowns). You can definitely just spray it on and wipe it off. No need to wash the boat every time you pull it out (this is assuming you trailer your boat and not moor) . Just use the Boat Bright each time you pull it out of the water.

I've had great luck with the Seat Soap (for end of year cleaning) and the Boat Bright (for everyday wipedowns). You can definitely just spray it on and wipe it off. No need to wash the boat every time you pull it out (this is assuming you trailer your boat and not moor) . Just use the Boat Bright each time you pull it out of the water.

Babes Boat Brite ROCKS...spray n wipe :rockon: :rockon:

I have the Boat Shine Spray wax and I was wondering if you can just spray that right on and wipe off after taking out of the lake or do you have to fully wash the boat every time first? I am thinking you can just spray and wipe off after every use and this will be a quicker and easier way to maintain after each use without having to wash every time? My problem is we store at enclosed storage at the marina and I do not have access to a hose and the only way I can fully wash it is to tow it to my house and I am hoping to do this every other weekend and not after every use.

My dealer highly recommended Babe's products but I see from a few searches that a lot of people on the forum also like Boat Bling products as well - Are they both pretty comparable? Seems like boat bling may have a better hard water spot remover

Thanks,

Scott

Depends on how dirty the water is and how much sticks to the boat. Out here on the Delta, I wipe it down with water and soap to get the "ring" off. Then use my detailer.

Babes Boat Brite ROCKS...spray n wipe :rockon: :rockon:

We went out on boat yesterday and just put it away after use as I did not have time to detail and this morning went over early and sprayed it down and wiped off and in about 35-45 minutes detailed the whole boat and it was great! Perfect product for what I needed it for.

We went out on boat yesterday and just put it away after use as I did not have time to detail and this morning went over early and sprayed it down and wiped off and in about 35-45 minutes detailed the whole boat and it was great! Perfect product for what I needed it for.

:cheers:

I am currently using the Hot sauce for the hull which I like very much. However for the interior I prefer Babes. It works just as well as vinyl sauce but I really like the smell of Babes.

So in the future it will be Hot sauce on exterior, babes on the interior.

I am currently using the Hot sauce for the hull which I like very much. However for the interior I prefer Babes. It works just as well as vinyl sauce but I really like the smell of Babes.

So in the future it will be Hot sauce on exterior, babes on the interior.

:plus1: Boat bright smells better but IMO it doesn't work as well as Hot Sauce.

Edited by skurfer

I've had good luck with the Babe's products but began using Rat Juice on the hull during the wipedown. I think the Rat Juice is just a little bit better but you can't go wrong with the Babe's.

We use babes and cut it 50% water. A gallon will last whole season.

If you get in a routine of doing it everytime you get off the water, there will be no need to hit it with a hose and bucket of suds.

http://www.jmsonline.net/babes-boat-care-bucket-of-babes-bab-bb7501.htm

pretty good deal here and they have the best prices on babes.....period

We use babes and cut it 50% water. A gallon will last whole season.

If you get in a routine of doing it everytime you get off the water, there will be no need to hit it with a hose and bucket of suds.

http://www.jmsonline.net/babes-boat-care-bucket-of-babes-bab-bb7501.htm

pretty good deal here and they have the best prices on babes.....period

Awesome! Great find Murphy!

I use to use babes spot remover first and then the boat shine. That was when $$ was more easily available now I use a 1gall garden sprayer with 50/50 vinegar water to wipe everything down and clean it up and I still use the boat shine every time. Also microfiber towels make this allot faster