Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

NEW TELEFLEX CABLE DOES NOT FIT

so i pull the old cable last weekend(at my parents' house which is in 100 miles away), and dump it because it's toast. i call the local dealer, get a new teleflex cable NEARLY identical to the old one, and drive on down to my parents' house so i can install it can take the boat out tomorrow.

BAM. NOPE.

i get the cable in like it's no big deal. i then go to attach the rack to the pinion of the new cable which looks NEARLY identical and they don't meet up easily. "ok, it must simply need a little adjustment." nope. i pull the entire tilt/wheel assembly and the cable and not only is the bolt pattern different, but the gears don't even touch one another by about a 3/8" gap. long story short, the ss13415 does not fit my boat.

WHY WOULD THEY CHANGE SOMETHING SO BASIC TO SOMETHING JUST AS BASIC?

THANKS, TELEFLEX.

Sounds like you have the wrong cable to me...your missing the "C" in SSC134. Its recommended that you use a TFX Extreme Cable

Sorry to hear the repair didn't go simple as planned.

-Paul

yeah, after a few phone conversations and dealer trips, we figured out i need the older style. it's pretty damned frustrating. it's available from port supply, part number171004.

Edited by MARiley