Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2 Questions - Where can i get a cover for a 1990 Malibu Skier and has anyone shipped a Malibu from state to state?

malibu4us2

HI-

My husband and I have moved from California to Utah. We want to bring our darling 1990 Malibu Skier with us. It is still berthed in Ca. We have a boat trailer but do not have a vehicle that can tow the boat/trailer. I have called many rental companies and for one reason or another none of them will allow us to rent a truck and tow our own boat and trailer. (Rental car companies do not allow towing at all, whereas moving companies will only let you tow their equipment). My next attempt will be to have someone else "ship" it I suppose. We want the trailer to come with it for obvious reasons. ANY Suggestions would be appreciated.

Secondly, the cover is in pretty bad shape. It has been sufficient to protect the boat from the elements while it is berthed and up on its hydro-hoist but will certainly not provide adequate protection for a multi-state drive. The one we have is a fitted canvas cover. Can I order one that would fit the boat or do I have to have one custom made?

Thanks for any help or advice you can provide!

Try Uship.com , you set up a profile and carriers bid on your load. I would focus on those who have interstate carrier license and have PROOF of insurance. You can have your trailer towed away or even put on a flat deck. Get the boat shrink wrapped. If you are at or near a marina most do it. Good luck

Thanks so much everyone! I am looking into the covers - great suggestions. Funnily enough I had already created a profile for our move on Uship.com. Sadly I have only gotten 2 responses (one does not work from a timing perspective and the other is pretty exorbitant). I hope that a few more will come in. Fingers crossed and thanks again for the advice.

where is the boat in ca and what part of ut is it going? i have a week of vacation scheduled in 2 weeks and wouldn't mind a road trip just for something to do im a truck driver and multiple boat owner

and also something to think about if the trailer has been sitting for a while it really needs to be looked over before going on a trip like that