Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Ride

Bill_AirJunky

....or I can just read ahead and answer my own question.

Which begs the question...why is there a Monsoon engine in the first place?

:crazy:

I think...think...that it has a more advanced ecm....and of course, cats

....or I can just read ahead and answer my own question.

Which begs the question...why is there a Monsoon engine in the first place?

:crazy:

Maybe because the Monsoon pre-dates the LCR? And it's the best selling & most trouble free motor Indmar has ever had. I can definitely see it being replaced though.

the prop will make all the difference..... my boat is bit smaller with same motor, I run it with floating wedge (more drag coming out of the hole), about 2800 lbs of sacs and 5 people with the stock prop it was a pig, with a 1235 it comes out good

and that is a very nice looking boat

Thanks guys,

Dave is giddy as a little girl right now..... and he doesn't even own the boat yet. :rofl:

The boats he's been looking at, 06 - 10 LSV, have ranged in price from highs $40s to low $80s. This one listed at $80k. I think he's going to get it for around $60k, pretty loaded. Heater, shower, Power Wedge, bimini, 3 ballast tanks, basic RF stereo, Malibu Cruise, 330 hp LCR, etc.

We were a little concerned about a 23' boat with just that little LCR engine. But fully weighted, it never had a problem getting out of the hole in short order. Even with the ballast & gas tanks full, plus the Power Wedge deployed, and 6 people on board, it wasn't nearly as bad as some of wakeboarder boats we've been in. The two boarders we had loved the wake, even intimidated by it. Both have multiple inverts & stuck them big & clean with no effort. My own inverts were scary big and easily cleared the wake going each way, even from 80' back...... :crazy:

I encouraged him to get an Evo cover. He just bought one for his 95 Prostar like a year ago & knows from it & my own cover how they perform (he & I just towed my boat to Shasta & back, covered & loaded, and had zero problems). So while he will have a factory sharkskin cover, we played with it a little last night & there is nothing good about them at all.

Plus he'll probably add a pair of SkySki racks & make some small adjustments on the swimstep, so we can launch off it without damaging anything. Not sure if he'll want/need bow ballast. But we can certainly take care of that if needed. :crazy:

Great looking boat! Thumbup.gif I love the colors and it sure sounds like a winner. Tell him I said congrats!

So does this mean you'll be adding 2' to your VRide Bill? Biggrin.gif

Hehe, more like I'm adding another Malibu to our crew. I expect this boat will join us at the NW TMC WOW event at Banks next year. I will have to recruite some more riders so I can justify bringing all the boats! :rockon:

Hehe, more like I'm adding another Malibu to our crew. I expect this boat will join us at the NW TMC WOW event at Banks next year. I will have to recruite some more riders so I can justify bringing all the boats! :rockon:

Nice! Sounds like an awesome plan! Thumbup.gif

Yep, you got it. Just doesn't have all the bling the LSV has.

Dealer said the prop was a step up from stock, a 14x14? Next time I see it I'll look closer..... or at my own.

He also said the LCR is only like 5 ft/lbs of torque below the Monsoon. So not a big loss & over $5k less.

When I ordered my 2010, the Monsoon was only a $1700 or $1800 option over the LCR....

Also-The slide-off adaptors that Jake made for the G3 tower work great!! I slide my racks off everytime my boat goes in the garage.... No wear to speak of on the adaptors yet, still rock solid!!

Classic Malibu. Clean lines, slick and classy.

My thoughts exactly!! I still prefer the look of the illusion over G3 tower (but its growing on me), but the G3 sounds alot more functional, and boy do I love the classy/sleek lines of that era Malibu!! Nice looking boat, congrats if he buys.