Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2011 Owners - Customer surveys sent in mail

Fman

I filled out two different bi-fold surveys sent to me in the mail over 3 months ago and requested to be contacted by Malibu and have heard nothing back from them. Has anyone who requested them to call them actually recieved a call? I am beginning to wonder if they actually even read them? I thought it was a great idea, but whats the point if they never follow up with there customers.

I filled out two different bi-fold surveys sent to me in the mail over 3 months ago and requested to be contacted by Malibu and have heard nothing back from them. Has anyone who requested them to call them actually recieved a call? I am beginning to wonder if they actually even read them? I thought it was a great idea, but whats the point if they never follow up with there customers.

With the current corporate shake up I dont know if theres anybody to read them , or if they care, I hope they get their act together.

It's sad to say this, but Malibu isn't a one man operation or a family run business anymore. It's a large corporation firmly entrenched in the top three ski/wake boat world who's having a tough time in this economy. If they weren't having a tough time, the California plant would still be open. Tough times cause downsizing. Lets face it, whether there's someone to read the customer service reports or not, there's still going to be customers because they are part of the big 3. So my statement to you is: I highly doubt that anyone at Malibu(or any large company for that matter) really cares about the reports. They will still keep doing what they are doing.

It's sad to say this, but Malibu isn't a one man operation or a family run business anymore. It's a large corporation firmly entrenched in the top three ski/wake boat world who's having a tough time in this economy. If they weren't having a tough time, the California plant would still be open. Tough times cause downsizing. Lets face it, whether there's someone to read the customer service reports or not, there's still going to be customers because they are part of the big 3. So my statement to you is: I highly doubt that anyone at Malibu(or any large company for that matter) really cares about the reports. They will still keep doing what they are doing.

Thats too bad, I hope you are wrong... I came from a different builder and when I bought a Malibu I had high expectations, one being great customer service. The longer I have the boat, the more disappointed I am becoming in this company. Excuses that the economy is affecting there business is not acceptable to me... they are selling plenty of boats, my dealer sold over 30 malibus this year...

And the merced plant is open, they are making components there (G3 tower and other accessories).

Edited by Fman

I have recieved 2 so far.

I filled them out, requested to be contacted....and I wrote in marker " DOES ANYONE AT MALIBU READ THESE ????? HELLO ???? " across the front of the bifold under the return address.... Still nothing.

Thats too bad, I hope you are wrong... I came from a different builder and when I bought a Malibu I had high expectations, one being great customer service. The longer I have the boat, the more disappointed I am becoming in this company. Excuses that the economy is affecting there business is not acceptable to me... they are selling plenty of boats, my dealer sold over 30 malibus this year...

And the merced plant is open, they are making components there (G3 tower and other accessories).

When a company goes from building almost 3,000 boats a year to around a 1,000 you know some huge changes have to be made to stay in business. We've adapted our business as best as we could by dropping the Brands and items we don't make money at, and creating new things to make for loss revenue. I do agree with you that customer service never ever ever ever should have been on the chopping block.

-Paul

When a company goes from building almost 3,000 boats a year to around a 1,000 you know some huge changes have to be made to stay in business. We've adapted our business as best as we could by dropping the Brands and items we don't make money at, and creating new things to make for loss revenue. I do agree with you that customer service never ever ever ever should have been on the chopping block.

-Paul

Paul, I have no doubt in my mind that what you said above is part of the reason that you are so well respected in this community of boaters.

I only wish you had a shop in Ohio!!