Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tapered Swimdecks

saidainc

Swim decks on most new boat offerings (Supra, Epic and MC) all have tapered or angled swimdecks in order to ensure that the face of the surf wave is clean. Just wondering if this is valid and if so why hasnt Malibu followed suit?

I like the swim steps on the MB's and the Supreme's.. I surf behind a 212 Supreme most of the time and hooked my buddy up with one of the new cut in swim steps from Supreme and it made a huge difference in the surf wake..

Our platform drags a bit when weighted, would be nice to just cut the corners a bit. Malibu just actually tested a surf platform for the axis that helps out a ton from what I hear. Would be nice to have an option for a surf platform.

I haven't personally seen these "surf designed" swim decks but I'll second that opinion that I like big swim decks. I put my board on a moomba once (not bashing just saying) and that deck was super tiny. I didn't like it at all always felt like i was going to tip off it. If they aren't changing the size and just changing the angle then I dont really care as long as I dont have to haul my tail even higher to get into the boat. The swimdeck is already usually out of the water unless I load both 750s up in the rear.

Maybe, Malibu can come up with a way to have a powered swim deck. One that would move out of the wake/ wave when moving.

+1 Honestly if a swim deck was able to be raised lowered even though I *hate* adding parts that are just going to break down, this would actually be useful in helping injured buddies back up into the boat. I just think it would be fugly. Speaking of which I need to design a collapsable stretcher for the next time someone gets hurt out behind the boat so other people can lift them in. I'm thinking some mesh and PVC tubing.

Something to think about. People with busted knees or dislocated shoulders can't get themselves back in the boat. We had to slowly idle him back in towards shore on a random guys dock. yuck.