Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lift my boat for cleaning

I pulled my boat out on my trailer for the first time yesterday and brought it home. That was exciting including a flat tire! Anyway my question is how do I get my hull clean considering the parts covered by the bunks of the trailer ? I going to store it indoors and sometime this winter gonna either buff it myself or have it done and need to get it off the trailer. How is this done ? Do I need jack stands? How is it done without damaging the hull ?

Thanks

Claudio

When I rebuilt my trailer bunks I supported the aft end of my boat right where the vertical transom intersected with the horizontal hull. I have a rolling hydraulic floor jack , two bottle jacks, a jack stand, and a fleet of 4 x 6 lumber blocks that I used to prop the boat off the trailer. I supported the boat in two places at the aft transom . I supported the forward , lighter hull section with my hydraulic rolling floor jack with a standard jack stand as a backup.

If there is some construction in your area you may be able to get a bunch of trim ends from the framing contractor. Just stack them up until you have the desired height. Save the best trims for future use and put the rest in a rubbermaid bucket for your next camping trip for firewood.

Edited by DONTW8