Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Gas spring for storage lid?

Michigan boarder

Does anyone know what the lb rating is on the gas spring that holds the storage compartment open at the spotter's seat for an Echelon LX? Or a link to buy the right one? I looked at Bakes but they just have engine compartment and V-drive lid springs.

Does anyone know what the lb rating is on the gas spring that holds the storage compartment open at the spotter's seat for an Echelon LX? Or a link to buy the right one? I looked at Bakes but they just have engine compartment and V-drive lid springs.

I think it is 25#... Call the Malibu customer support (209-383-7469) and they can give you a cost. Should be printed on the side of it, not near my boat so I can't get it precise.

Just replaced mine on my 01 Sunsetter. 17" long and 25 lb shock for the spotters seat is standard. I ended up going with a 30 lb shock I found at a local RV parts store.

I think it is 25#... Call the Malibu customer support (209-383-7469) and they can give you a cost. Should be printed on the side of it, not near my boat so I can't get it precise.

Thanks, but I was hoping to get it locally, rather than ship 1 small part.

Just replaced mine on my 01 Sunsetter. 17" long and 25 lb shock for the spotters seat is standard. I ended up going with a 30 lb shock I found at a local RV parts store.

That sounds like the one, 17" long extended and 10" long compressed? Feels like about 20 pounds or so, and doesn't always stay up, so the 30lb shock should do it for me too.

I've managed to find these shocks at our local auto parts store several times.... Autozone, Napa, etc.

Even cross referenced the part number to get the specs.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky