Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
Bozboat

Extreme Trailer, Lights

Bozboat

I have an Extreme Trailer with standard lights. For just under $100 I bought two Optronics LED taillights, seven red Optronics LED marker lights and four yellow Optronics LED marker lights

Pretty easy, half hour switch. Just popped out the old lights and popped in the new ones. Plugs are identical.

the only hitch was that there is not enough clearance in the beam that holds the taillights. The new LED lights are more recessed which did not leave enough clearance for the plug.

I flipped the rubber gasket around and installed the gasket in the trailer backwards and popped in the new LED taillights. The new tail lights are actually a better fit with the gasket backwards than the original lights.

IMG_6692.jpg

oh, and no stimulus money was consumed by this project.

Edited by Bozboat

CumminsBu

Imagine that, it looks great.

Ceesub

Wherebdid you get the lights from? I'd love to do the same thing.

crom

I love the look of LED lights, might have to do this :biggrin:

Jab31169

Our new trailer came with those same LED's if I'm not mistaken. Well worth it.

Bozboat

The optronics LEDs are easily 15-20x brighter

dalt1

I put the same lights in my SMP trailer last year. Ran into the same problem with the depth of the tube causing trouble with the fit. I will have to check out flipping the gasket over to get the extra clearance.