Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Please post interior pics of malibu skier

Baileyak228

I am attempting to rebuild the interior of my recently acquired 88 skier. the interior has been completely stripped and im going to start restoring her little by little to factory specifications.

1000000655.jpg

i have done a lot of searching through these forums but i have not been able to find detailed enough pictures to get the info i need.

it would be very helpful if you could please post pictures of:

-the spotter seat. behind the spotter seat so i can see the structure of how it is built and put together, the front of the spotter seat at floor level so i can see how it looks and how it is attached.

-also some pictures of the under side of the captains chair, i need a picture of the square mounting bracket and the seat base because im going to have a machine shop create me a new piece of metal for the seat. so i can reattach it.

-last if someone could please take a picture of the dog box so i can see what is carpeted and what is upholstered. i have had trouble finding a good pic that shows where the carpet stops and where upholstery starts. also a good picture of the rear of the dog box would very helpful so i can see how that section with the cup holders is set up.

i realize that i what i am asking is a lot of work to have to take pics and upload them and post them but this would be of tremendous help to me and i would greatly appreciate it. as you can see in the pic i have alot of work to do and i want to do it right.

thanks

Alex

Ok thanks those are some good pics

Question, is the back pad on the spotter seat where it curves around at the end closest to the steering wheel an actual pieces of wood that is curved and contoured to fit that rounded section of the dash? How would I get it to curve like that, what type of wood, also is the back pad attached to the base of the seat or is it attached to the dash side rail, in other words if u were remove the pads u sit on and the structure too would back pads still be hanging there or is the the whole spotter seat all one piece?

Thanks

That section is actually 2 pieces. The pad is on marine grade plywood and the wood is contoured to fit the shape of the dash. The "base" is a lot smaller and is also built out of marine grade plywood and screwed into the floor.

man i love this website, thanks i really appreciate that, so the base is separate from the back pad thats what i needed to know, i had found this picture while doing some digging but based off of what you are saying im assuming this is wrong? the seat and pad should be separate right?

spotterseat.jpg

Edited by Baileyak228

Nope that is correct. If you look at the "seat" you will see the 4 screw heads. These screw to the "base" which the base is screwed to the floor. I am a big guy and I'm sure this setup allows one to easily remove the seat to get into the bow without removing the base.

The seat= back rest pad as well as removable butt pads

The base= is screwed to the floor and the "seat" is mounted to it.

Nope that is correct. If you look at the "seat" you will see the 4 screw heads. These screw to the "base" which the base is screwed to the floor. I am a big guy and I'm sure this setup allows one to easily remove the seat to get into the bow without removing the base.

The seat= back rest pad as well as removable butt pads

The base= is screwed to the floor and the "seat" is mounted to it.

ah ok i got you, so would you say the "base" is made out of a 4x4 block cut into several different sections or something like that or not quit that thick? sorry for the questions i just want to make sure its right

No, it's a framed in base that is built from marine plywood. You can get an idea what a DD ski boat seat is made of by looking at this album of the rebuild of my boat by rugger. Luckily he did a killer job documenting his work and should certainly help you out. Thumbup.gif Note how everything is coated in fiberglass resin to waterproof it.

https://picasaweb.go...ltAndRedesigned

This is the base of the observers seat...

DSC06768.JPG

This is the frame for the seat back....

DSC06769.JPG

This is both together (minus the hinged back)...

DSC06806.JPG

This finished product....

DSC07003.JPG

Just an FYI, the seat base it yet another piece that is totally removable.

Edited by martinarcher