Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VLX vs. VTX Diamond Hull?

CoppellJames

I'm looking for some advice. I have had two 'bus.... 1999 SS VLX and currently 2006 VLX. Love the size of my VLX and layout of a v-drive, but the ski wake is awful. Our first VLX had a much better ski wake - we have never been happy with skiing behind our current boat. We are looking at a 2011 VTX and VLX both on a diamond hull. I loved the performance of the VTX, but concerned about the moving down in size and how these boats perform in rougher water - which is frequent in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. We ski, surf and some wakeboarding - and a lot of hanging out. I am trying to find a VLX on a diamond hull to test drive - but that isn't easy to do. Any advice out there?

I'd recommend the VLX with diamond hull if you can find one. Especially if your doing a lot of hanging out. The extra room is really nice with lots of storage. Our VLX on the wake hull is awesome in rough water, not sure if shaving off an extra foot will make that much of a difference but im sure others will chime in. But if you really want the ski wake your probably better off with a VTX on diamond hull. Depends on what you really want the boat for the most, skiing or hanging out?

I couldn't be happier with the slalom wake behind our LSV23 on the diamond hull. It is pretty soft and anything above 30 mph is very managable. The rough water ride is also really good. Maybe the LSV is bigger than you are looking for. I saw very few VLX's on the diamond hull. Here are a couple shots of the LSV wake. The first one is around 30 the second at 34.

DSC_9122.jpg

DSC_0841.jpg

Kris

I'd recommend the VLX with diamond hull if you can find one. Especially if your doing a lot of hanging out. The extra room is really nice with lots of storage. Our VLX on the wake hull is awesome in rough water, not sure if shaving off an extra foot will make that much of a difference but im sure others will chime in. But if you really want the ski wake your probably better off with a VTX on diamond hull. Depends on what you really want the boat for the most, skiing or hanging out?

Great thoughts. I wish I could demo a diamond VLX. They are not in-stock... Really liked the performance of the ski wake on the VTX... but it was a bit rough on the lake with the shorter hull.