Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Winterizing my 2011 vlx

Big Wake

• 2 weeks later...

I saw on another thread a winterization for a 2008 Monson. On the 2011 the manual says not to fog the engine since it will damage the catalitic converter. Does anyone have a good write up on the steps to winterize a 2011 VLX with the monson 350 engine?

To start....

In nor-cal, weather rarely ever reaches freezing conditions.... but this is what I do every year.

Change engine oil/filter, run boat for a few minutes on fake lake to mix oil into all engine components

Remove your knock sensors on each side of the block, this will drain the block out

Drain your heater lines and blow out with compressor if you have a heater

Remove the hose to the impeller and drain any water out this area.

Add sta-bil fuel additive before filling at the pump to push it into the tank, and mix it in well and run the boat for a few minutes on a fake lake to get it mixed into the fuel system.

I have a pro-mariner plug-in float charger, I use this all winter to keep batteries charged.

Shop-vac bilge area to make sure all water is removed, also check under your garbage can there is water always under there and it does not drain into bilge area

Completely detail boat, vinyl dressing, wax, etc.

Remove snap out carpet, make sure everything is dry

Clean out ski lockers, under seat, etc... removing anything wet that could mildew

I have never fogged a motor, or added anti-freeze, not necessary in the climate we live in. If I was in Wisconsin, Canada or a freezing climate I think this would be a must.

In the spring...

I change the vdrive/trans fluid and install a new impeller

Hope this helps, if anyone else has anything to add please chime in.