Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Want a new tower

Garvey

I have 2001 23 LSV with Titan Series I tower. I am really getting the itch for new tower. Suggestions? Really like the reverse arch but not too many choices out there.

I have 2001 23 LSV with Titan Series I tower. I am really getting the itch for new tower. Suggestions? Really like the reverse arch but not too many choices out there.

How about this one?

G3 or the Samson may be worth a look.

I have a buddy who is shopping for LSVs at the moment. If he buys one with a Metcraft tower on it, it may be going away to upgrade. If it gets to that point, I'll pass the info along.

upgrade????? I love the illusion tower. looks great, works great etc........unless you have a faulty one why switch out?

G3 or the Samson may be worth a look.

I have a buddy who is shopping for LSVs at the moment. If he buys one with a Metcraft tower on it, it may be going away to upgrade. If it gets to that point, I'll pass the info along.

Thanks Air Junky! Swankrides, you are right. That is the type of tower I am looking for. It's not listed on their website yet. I'll have to check that out.

upgrade????? I love the illusion tower. looks great, works great etc........unless you have a faulty one why switch out?

The design is faulty. I've replaced/re-engineered a lot of the components of it, and it works okay now, but basically it has no lateral bracing, has a lot of flex, and the components in the base wear out.

Too many bad experiences with Metcraft products. Most recently the bushings & pins wear out causing the tower to rattle & knock. Had a little girl get her arm pinched in one last summer, caused a 10" long blood blister inside her arm where she was leaning on the tower base while the boat was under way.

I understand that XTP has done some pretty heave redesign on the Illusion to make it better. Including making the pins & bushings available to older Illusion tower owners.