Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I can't believe it almost over...

Wakesetter67

We were out skiing and boarding 2 days ago in the early morning. It was all glass, but man, the air was cold. The water was 53F, but the air was only 37F. That doesn't feel too good on the face at 32mph.

It looks like we should be having a little warmer weather here this next week so we should be getting in some more time on the water.

I must admit that I am starting to think more about snow now. I've been looking at getting some new ski boots this year as the old ones, which I have loved, are falling apart.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wakesetter67

• NorCaliBu

• rennis

• obski

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We were out skiing and boarding 2 days ago in the early morning. It was all glass, but man, the air was cold. The water was 53F, but the air was only 37F. That doesn't feel too good on the face at 32mph.

It looks like we should be having a little warmer weather here this next week so we should be getting in some more time on the water.

I must admit that I am starting to think more about snow now. I've been looking at getting some new ski boots this year as the old ones, which I have loved, are falling apart.

I went snowboarding the other day at the local hill, so its that time of the year!

• 1 month later...

We got out on the river yesterday for some fun skiing. We did this last year at this time for a friend's birthday and the conditions were much better this year. The water was 47F and air 37F.

I went with the drysuit and the neo hood. It may be time for some neo gloves. I couldn't feel my fingers after my run. I mostly had to stop because I couldn't hold onto the handle anymore. We had glass and not another boat to be seen.

Glass:

IMG_0993.jpg

Jesse getting ready:

IMG_0989.jpg

The birthday girl:

IMG_0992.jpg

The boat crew:

IMG_0988.jpg

We got out on the river yesterday....

Sweet. :thumbup: Got my boat hooked up and ready to go right now. Meeting my slalom crew at 1:00. Good thing the ramp is about ½ mile away. :biggrin:

hahaha, nice. we just went out for my "birthday" run (birthday is actually next weekend) and had air temps @ 48F and water was 51F. did my quick winterization and put the boat to bed for the next couple of months. most likely will hit the water again in late March/early April.

looks like a good time for everyone. :thumbup:

Edited by gorilla

that is so cool........

We got out on the river yesterday for some fun skiing. We did this last year at this time for a friend's birthday and the conditions were much better this year. The water was 47F and air 37F.

I went with the drysuit and the neo hood. It may be time for some neo gloves. I couldn't feel my fingers after my run. I mostly had to stop because I couldn't hold onto the handle anymore. We had glass and not another boat to be seen.

Glass:

IMG_0993.jpg

Jesse getting ready:

IMG_0989.jpg

The birthday girl:

IMG_0992.jpg

The boat crew:

IMG_0988.jpg

49° air and 40° water today. But at least that water was flat. :clap:

An ice chest full of hot water is the perfect place to store your gloves between sets. :yes::thumbup:

Man these pics make me jealous. It would be hard for me to get a crew out on the water now but it is so tempting, the Sun is shinning bright rite now and its suppose to be 50 again today, we have had some excellent weather this fall!

49° air and 40° water today. But at least that water was flat. :clap:

An ice chest full of hot water is the perfect place to store your gloves between sets. :yes::thumbup:

That's what we did last year. I don't have a hot water shower on my boat, so my friends brought some vacuum cups full of hot water. The birthday girl, Donna, had us pull up beside her midway through her set and pour some more hot water over her gloves. Like I said, I think it is time for some neo gloves. I was otherwise comfortable except for my hands.

That's what we did last year. I don't have a hot water shower on my boat, so my friends brought some vacuum cups full of hot water. The birthday girl, Donna, had us pull up beside her midway through her set and pour some more hot water over her gloves. Like I said, I think it is time for some neo gloves. I was otherwise comfortable except for my hands.

I got a pair of Nevin neo's....thaty are a life saver . Though they aren't that same performance as regular gloves you are at least comfortable.