Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I can't believe it almost over...

Wakesetter67

Yep. I bought a Y adapter off a crew member after picking up the heater kit from Heatercraft. I got all the electrics routed and wired up tonight. The blower is spinning! I just need to install the vents and I'm ready for Sunday afternoon. Just in time since the high is supposed to be 54! Doh!

Right on. I'm thinkin your gonna love it.

Rode tonite, 72 degree air when we started, but as soon as the sun dropped behind the hillside it was like 60. The heater was AWESOME! :rockon:

I don't much buy into the wetsuit/drysuit thing, there are other sports to do that time of year!

Sweet. More for us. :rockon:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wakesetter67

• NorCaliBu

• rennis

• obski

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Started the day off digging the winter jacket out and walking the dog. 35 deg. just got back in from some good skiing. Love the early spring and fall skiing. No other boats!!! :clap:

Got to use my boat today, but to help a buddy pull his lift over to the launch to sell. It was nice to be out, but the 49 degree air, 51 degree water, and 25mph wind was not so tempting. Winterized the boat on the lift when I was done as I will be out of town for the next 2 weeks and it's supposed to dip into the low 30's. I can't believe how fast Fall took over.

Today rocked, wife went for a paddle board in the am, then put the board on the truck and she jumped in the driver seat and pulled me for a crazy session......

air 68, water 56...wet suit.....no boats it we like a mirror

I will fight this to the end....or until the water gets below 48 and or I get a dry suit i am going......at 56 my wetsuit is ok, below 50 ahhhh it struggles......

Depressed summer is coming to an end. 110 hours this summer, 100 hours with a rider in tow.....

I can't believe I'm starting to see post on Winterizing...I'm not ready to say goodbye to summer, Dang it Just started here a few months ago, Drove home from a camping trip last weekend and one of my favorite lake has already begun to lower . :cry: In fact there are not many lakes around here that they have not started to lower...So that being said, How many Hours did some of you log on this year, I'm around 154 so far this year, with maybe a few trips on the river in the coming weeks!!

Pulled the boat yesterday. Definitely a sad day.

IMG-20111002-00044.jpg

The lake was glass all day today. Water temp was 75, air 85, but I couldn't find a third so I said screw it and winterized with 65 hours for the season. Does anyone know if they make a blow up doll that can drive or run a flag? :biggrin:

my neighbor uses a mannequin as his third when I am not there to foot.

Lake Tahoe had measurable snow yesterday, the last measurable snow was July 1. That makes this the shortest distance between snow fall sine 1969.

What do you mini winterize it for? Temps aren't even close to freezing

Just curious as to what you are doing

quote name='wakeboarder3780' timestamp='1316479884' post='489257']

I'm IN Wisconsin but still riding :) Drysuit for the win! Gotta do a mini winterize every night but it's totally worth it. All the fair weather riders are long gone. Got the lake all to ourselves. My two other riding buddies don't have drysuits, only wetsuits. Hoping they can man up and last at least another 3 weeks. Would like to make it into mid October.

Edit: Air temps mid 50s, water temp 60 and dropping.

end is near for us too. We all rode in wet suits yesterday and it was pretty brutal, even with the neoprene.

I don't think a dry suit is in the cards this year...might be time to winterize. :(

Got in about 4 hrs yesterday on Bullards Bar. It was probably the last ride of the year, but we didn't need wetsuits, so maybe there's still another day out next week. Water was amazing, hardly any other boats out there!

Got in about 4 hrs yesterday on Bullards Bar. It was probably the last ride of the year, but we didn't need wetsuits, so maybe there's still another day out next week. Water was amazing, hardly any other boats out there!

Oh, alright...I see how it is... :loser:

Oh, alright...I see how it is... :loser:

Mike, think 4 kids under 7, a giant TUBE and not a slalom ski to be found... still wish you had come along...? (Daddy got in 1 short wakeboard run)

Mike, think 4 kids under 7, a giant TUBE and not a slalom ski to be found... still wish you had come along...? (Daddy got in 1 short wakeboard run)

:shocked: Alright....I'll let it slide this time. :lol:

What a change. Last week we got in some skiing and coaching at Swiss Ski School in Florida, and then wanted to practice what we had learned here at home. In FL the air was 88F and water in the 80's, while here the air was 62F and the water was 58F. Finally went to the drysuit.

What a change. Last week we got in some skiing and coaching at Swiss Ski School in Florida, and then wanted to practice what we had learned here at home. In FL the air was 88F and water in the 80's, while here the air was 62F and the water was 58F. Finally went to the drysuit.

we were at sss the last weekend in september; what a change!

that place is just a little bit this side of heaven.

the only complaint that i have is that i have too much 'homework' ROFL.gifthat i need to work on.

hijack off.

• 2 weeks later...

Pulled the boat out of the water today. Normally this is a very sad day for as I never feel like I get enough time on it in the summer. This year is different. We had such an amazing summer on the boat. The kids just loved being out on the lake, swimming, and the wife and I got all the skiing, boarding, surfing, and swimming we could ask for. Thanks for a great summer Bu!