Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I can't believe it almost over...

Wakesetter67

110 degrees today and the forecast is calling for the same tomorrow. Water temperature is in the high 80s and there is no one left on any of the lakes. This is the best boating time of the year.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wakesetter67

• NorCaliBu

• rennis

• obski

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The lake was glass all day today. Water temp was 75, air 85, but I couldn't find a third so I said screw it and winterized with 65 hours for the season. Does anyone know if they make a blow up doll that can drive or run a flag? :biggrin:

Going to Lake Billy Chinook Today.

Forecast is 90 degrees and sunny.

Forecast for tomorrow is 65 degrees and 50% chance of rain.

This is the last day for LBC, I imagine.

The San Joaquin Delta in October ?

Update:

It was 97 degrees at Lake Billy yesterday. :)

It is 60 degrees and dark clouds today. Rain is forecast.

Flat water at the Sundance Course yesterday until about 1:30.

The wind came up from the south and was howling about 20 mph at 3 oclock.

The parking lot had lots of space to park the trailer.

My buddy Rick says, " I wonder if this is the last time ? "

I said " Yup , we're done for the year. "

He replied " I meant was today the last water ski day of our lives ? "

Good point. :(

Edited by DONTW8

I can't believe I'm starting to see post on Winterizing...I'm not ready to say goodbye to summer, Dang it Just started here a few months ago, Drove home from a camping trip last weekend and one of my favorite lake has already begun to lower . :cry: In fact there are not many lakes around here that they have not started to lower...So that being said, How many Hours did some of you log on this year, I'm around 154 so far this year, with maybe a few trips on the river in the coming weeks!!

Only 41hrs. so far. It rained all June and July . Having trailer issues from August 21st till present. That meant our boating season was about 3 weeks. :badmood: I hate the weather here, but we're as far south as we can go. :help:

ahhhhhhh, man I am so jealous, the weatehr up here in Vancouver just changed today, fall is here, rain, wind etc and the temp if falling...

hoping to ride into Oct in wetsuit but the water will head to sub 50's pretty quick........Cry.gif

110 degrees today and the forecast is calling for the same tomorrow. Water temperature is in the high 80s and there is no one left on any of the lakes. This is the best boating time of the year.

i don't know how many of you guys have these, but they're worth their weight in gold on brisk mornings. small, yet VERY worthwhile investment.

patagonia and matuse are the best.

M-R1-LS-Rev-Top.jpg

matuse-chapter-i-2mm-l-s-black.jpg

Got about 125 hours so far this season (even with a newborn)!. :thumbup: Spent a fair amount of time on others' boats too. Hoping to get another 10-15 before I officially put her away for the winter. I've heard a lot of complaining about our NW summer, but it seemed great to me! Seems like nobody even started boating till August this year. We had the river to ourselves with overcast skies for most of May, June & July. August and September, we had beautiful weather but more boats. Heck, I think it we've only had 2 days with measurable rain in the past 2 months.

It'll be sad to have the season end, but it's just another 60 days or so until the other 'riding season' begins. Can't wait! I love Oregon....

Got about 125 hours so far this season (even with a newborn)!. :thumbup: Spent a fair amount of time on others' boats too. Hoping to get another 10-15 before I officially put her away for the winter. I've heard a lot of complaining about our NW summer, but it seemed great to me! Seems like nobody even started boating till August this year. We had the river to ourselves with overcast skies for most of May, June & July. August and September, we had beautiful weather but more boats. Heck, I think it we've only had 2 days with measurable rain in the past 2 months.

It'll be sad to have the season end, but it's just another 60 days or so until the other 'riding season' begins. Can't wait! I love Oregon....

I hate being cold, I will wait till it melts then play on it again!! I was hoping to get out this weekend, days are getting shorter, the trips after work are getting tough,

Nut up, gear up or complain. Thats your choices. It's nothing new here in PNW. :unsure:

We rode Thursday, 64 degree air, 69 degree water.... in a 2 mm heater shirt & board shorts. Had the water all to ourselves & had stellar rides all around.

Then rode on Saturday, 91 degree air, 69 degree water.... in a lycra rash guard & board shorts. It was so nuts out there we drank more than we rode.

I can't wait for fall.... best water of the year coming up soon. :rockon:

Nut up, gear up or complain. Thats your choices. It's nothing new here in PNW. :unsure:

We rode Thursday, 64 degree air, 69 degree water.... in a 2 mm heater shirt & board shorts. Had the water all to ourselves & had stellar rides all around.

Then rode on Saturday, 91 degree air, 69 degree water.... in a lycra rash guard & board shorts. It was so nuts out there we drank more than we rode.

I can't wait for fall.... best water of the year coming up soon. :rockon:

:plus1:

We rode all day Sun. Air in the low 70's water in the mid 60's. Plenty warm for trunks. After reading a post of your I tried a rash guard I picked up in Australia when I was surfing. It is pretty nice. Once the water get's int he 50's I'll break out the wetsuit. Still some good riding to get in! I cut a few holes in the boat tonight for a heater install. I hope to have it all done by this weekend. Thumbup.gif

The lake was glass all day today. Water temp was 75, air 85, but I couldn't find a third so I said screw it and winterized with 65 hours for the season. Does anyone know if they make a blow up doll that can drive or run a flag? :biggrin:

A third? You need a mirror and a sharp lookout.

Yah, last week was incredible, got out 3 times. Today gusty and pouring down rain. Buddy gave me use of his lift for the remainder of the season so plan on keeping the ball rolling with no end in sight. Probably switch over to wetsuit or drysuit here in the next few weeks.

:plus1:

We rode all day Sun. Air in the low 70's water in the mid 60's. Plenty warm for trunks. After reading a post of your I tried a rash guard I picked up in Australia when I was surfing. It is pretty nice. Once the water get's int he 50's I'll break out the wetsuit. Still some good riding to get in! I cut a few holes in the boat tonight for a heater install. I hope to have it all done by this weekend. Thumbup.gif

Right on. Hope your planning to use the Heatercraft Y adapter for the return hose. You will end up with better heat at low RPMs than the old install method (on the engine's water pump).

I just bought a JetPilot 2mm heater shirt for $18 at Amazon using some Visa points I had. Wore it on Thursday & was a bit warm. Thinkin that I'll be all good for a couple months with it.

Going to Lake Billy Chinook Today.

Forecast is 90 degrees and sunny.

Forecast for tomorrow is 65 degrees and 50% chance of rain.

This is the last day for LBC, I imagine.

The San Joaquin Delta in October ?

Update:

It was 97 degrees at Lake Billy yesterday. :)

It is 60 degrees and dark clouds today. Rain is forecast.

Flat water at the Sundance Course yesterday until about 1:30.

The wind came up from the south and was howling about 20 mph at 3 oclock.

The parking lot had lots of space to park the trailer.

My buddy Rick says, " I wonder if this is the last time ? "

I said " Yup , we're done for the year. "

He replied " I meant was today the last water ski day of our lives ? "

Good point. :(

I thought that was you at the course. The giveaway was when you pulled out the HUGE fenders. It was a great day at the lake.

We got in some more skiing in the evening right until sunset, and then some more runs in yesterday morning. The course was blown out yesterday, but there were plenty of glassy spots for free skiing.

I just bought a JetPilot 2mm heater shirt for $18 at Amazon using some Visa points I had. Wore it on Thursday & was a bit warm. Thinkin that I'll be all good for a couple months with it.

even with water in the mid 60s I've been wearing my wet suit shirt. It's not absolutely necessary to enjoy the water, but I can ride longer if my upper body does not get cold at all. I don't care who you are, once water starts getting below 65 degrees, it has an effect on the heat in your upper body, and thereby on the warmth in your muscles and probably flexibility. I would rather be a tad warm wearing the shirt.

I've riden more in September than I did in the month of July this year. loving it!

Almost over?...nope, it IS over. I emptied the boat of all gear today and the boat gets winterized on Thursday :cry:

Getting ready for a very long 8 months before the season starts again. I sure envy you guys in the South who can boat for 8-10 months a year rather than have the boat winterized for 6-8 months a year.

Sad day today took the Bu in to get winterized witch makes me sad. I would have liked to get a couple of more trips in the last days in Sept. but my crew (wife and son) keeps looking at me like I have two heads when I suggest it. I figure I am doing good with the boat being in storage in a different state for the month 's of May and June, moving back to Bend Or from central Ca the first week of July and still getting 40 hours in. We really never get in huge amounts of hours in normally. We were always able to get out on week days and always had great water conditions. I was excited to watched my son progress on his wakeboard skills, I was finally able to ride switch on the wakeboard and with great suggestions from this site I was able to constantly get up on my slalom ski. So even with the low hours I look at this summer as a great success. Am happy to be back living where it is a 25 minute drive to where I can snow ski even though I am already counting the days until next summer.

Edited by rmarch

I finished emptying my boat out Sunday and on my way to storage in a few minutes. For some reason I'm the least sad I've ever been putting the bu away, great summer, so far a great year with a lot of things happening in my life. Boating a lot this summer I've got a lot of projects (+ my consulting business is very busy now) to do b4 winter which also should keep my mind off boating.

Got the Sporty all cleaned up and ready for ... skiing tomorrow. :yahoo:

Got the day off and forecast is for 93°. :yahoo:

This will be yet another year where I don't winterize the boat and ski all winter. :biggrin:

Right on. Hope your planning to use the Heatercraft Y adapter for the return hose. You will end up with better heat at low RPMs than the old install method (on the engine's water pump).

Yep. I bought a Y adapter off a crew member after picking up the heater kit from Heatercraft. I got all the electrics routed and wired up tonight. The blower is spinning! I just need to install the vents and I'm ready for Sunday afternoon. Just in time since the high is supposed to be 54! Doh!

No kids this weekend :yahoo: so the wife and I are going to ski/board all day Saturday and camp lakeside at Bullards under the stars... This'll probably be the last overnight trip of the year, but seeing as it was 92 here today we've probably still got another 3-4 weeks before we're done for the year. I don't much buy into the wetsuit/drysuit thing, there are other sports to do that time of year!

I don't much buy into the wetsuit/drysuit thing, there are other sports to do that time of year!

:rant: HERESY!! :rant:

Get a rope. :yes:

:lol:

Oh, and have you seen the forecast for Monday? :unsure:

Daytime high of 55° (up at Bullard's) with rain Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

I'm thinking you probably don't have 3-4 more weeks without a wetsuit / drysuit. :no: