Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I can't believe it almost over...

Wakesetter67

Yesterday it was chores or boating ... sick puppy that I am I did chores. Part the reason I worked around the house is I'm behind the 8 ball from all the boating I did this season, 100 hours. I love working my 4 10s and getting Wed off, boating all day Wed are great ... I'm lucky to have a Mr. Mom on the lake. Him and his 4 kids love to boat. Next Sat looks nice ... think that the last time I'll go in my boat ... the following week the boat goes in for it's long winter nap.

Say it isn't so... Yesterday I sat at home did a few things around the house and watch Football, At first I was real confused, I honestly did not know what to do with myself for the entire day.. Going to have to get used to it...Dang.
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wakesetter67

• NorCaliBu

• rennis

• obski

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Say it isn't so... Yesterday I sat at home did a few things around the house and watch Football, At first I was real confused, I honestly did not know what to do with myself for the entire day.. Going to have to get used to it...Dang.

dude, yes!! same here, being lazy this weekend has been stressful!! haha.

Our boat is at Bake's right now, but not for winterization! not yet. We've put 65 hours on it this year and are hoping to add a fair amount to that over the next month. Doing Entiat next weekend and a lot of forecasts are saying unseasonable warms temps into October...If we get up towards 90 hours for the year I'll be happy, considering the girl had a broken ankle and couldn't ride at all, and summer started about mid-July here...

Had 2 people on my lake wanted to go I would have gone. Could have gone had I traveled 45 minutes to a friends lake ... was hard not too.

Sorry to hear that. I went water skiing yesterday. It is getting easier to go out any time and find smooth water.

I'm glad people think the season's over. We had glass all weekend. Air 82, water 73. Tough to complain about that.

EDIT -- and not a single tuber either day!

Edited by shawndoggy

I'm glad people think the season's over. We had glass all weekend. Air 82, water 73. Tough to complain about that.

Nice, been cloudy and windy every weekend for a couple of days now.:biggrin: Forcast for next week isnt looking that great either.

Me too!

I got ya beat...Water is 83 and the air was 94. Winter is not insight in Texas. I'm glad the 100+ degree days are gone :thumbup:

I'm IN Wisconsin but still riding :) Drysuit for the win! Gotta do a mini winterize every night but it's totally worth it. All the fair weather riders are long gone. Got the lake all to ourselves. My two other riding buddies don't have drysuits, only wetsuits. Hoping they can man up and last at least another 3 weeks. Would like to make it into mid October.

Edit: Air temps mid 50s, water temp 60 and dropping.

Edited by wakeboarder3780

Me too!

I got ya beat...Water is 83 and the air was 94. Winter is not insight in Texas. I'm glad the 100+ degree days are gone :thumbup:

Shoot only time Our water Is That Warm, Is Right around my swim suite on occasions...LOL :yuk:

Water 93 Air 105 here in Texas. Lake feels like a bathtub. We are in the middle of a record setting drought but luckily I still have water under my boat house. Most do not and most of the ramps are closed.

We did a lot of traveling this summer for boating vacations. Banks, Chelan, Priest, Cresent Bar. We did our annual 'adult' cruise in Lake Washington and did a number of runs on Lake Sammamish. You would think that that would have racked up some hours........but for the summer, i am only at ~18 hours :( :( :(

However, for my defense, we did to Banks with a 3 week old. The weather, combined with the cost of babysitters (it is getting out of hand when your babysitter pulls up to your house in a Benz!) made it challenging to get out much this summer.

But i am not giving up hope yet! i have to at least cross 25 hrs to not feel completely pathetic!

Good grief, when is wetsuit time?!

you and air junky are CRAAAAZY

Wife and I skied a couple times this week with the air temp below 60 (8:00 morning) and the water temp 62, no wet suites. Glass until 12:00.

water 59 / air 70 in vancouver at 8 am this morning

unfreakin believable.... no other boats, fog on the water...man I love this time of year......

rode til we could not stand.....