Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I can't believe it almost over...

Wakesetter67

I can't believe I'm starting to see post on Winterizing...I'm not ready to say goodbye to summer, Dang it Just started here a few months ago, Drove home from a camping trip last weekend and one of my favorite lake has already begun to lower . :cry: In fact there are not many lakes around here that they have not started to lower...So that being said, How many Hours did some of you log on this year, I'm around 154 so far this year, with maybe a few trips on the river in the coming weeks!!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wakesetter67

• NorCaliBu

• rennis

• obski

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes Vince it's over! It's raining here this morning, which means it's probably doing the same in the Valley. :(

On the bright side the weather monkeys think we *might* have another 80 degree weekend, next week!

I have 85 on mine this year... Not bad for a newbie.

Yes Vince it's over! It's raining here this morning, which means it's probably doing the same in the Valley. :(

On the bright side the weather monkeys think we *might* have another 80 degree weekend, next week!

I have 85 on mine this year... Not bad for a newbie.

I did see that, maybe 80 on Tuesday!! Ya I would say 85 HR is a good run,

Tell me about it and I currently don't have a boat. :cry: With crappy weather in June and July, summer was shorten to August and 1st half of September (hot and sunny) in these neck of the woods. The temperature has dropped, I hate this time of year. We got ripped off with a short summer, dam mother nature!!!

Halloween is just around the corner :halloween:

winterized last night... we can tell our season is winding up when costco put the christmas stuff out in late august.

I think we are going to have a nice Sept and Oct. I am going to bring the boat home from the lake and use my Extreme Bilge heater..hope to get out lots before shutting things down. The dry suit is also a must for Oct riding!

it is looking up next week... i must be getting old as each year I'm less inclined to use my dry suit. Too many seasons in Ghost Lake have wrecked using drysuits for me. It was a good september thus far... we are gong into a shutdown at work so my free time is cooked until mid october... by then the season is for sure over.... gone are my days when extended the season from early may to late october... the wife and kids are fair weather boaters

Edited by G-Mack

I can't believe I'm starting to see post on Winterizing...I'm not ready to say goodbye to summer, Dang it Just started here a few months ago, Drove home from a camping trip last weekend and one of my favorite lake has already begun to lower . :cry: In fact there are not many lakes around here that they have not started to lower...So that being said, How many Hours did some of you log on this year, I'm around 154 so far this year, with maybe a few trips on the river in the coming weeks!!

Our boat is in waiting to get winterized right now and some warranty work done :( Oh well i had a good last ride last week

But we put on around 110 hours since end of June until beginning of September.

I might be heading down to Florida though to do some riding for a week or two

Gonna go test your theory tomorrow Vince... Only put 50+ hours on my boat so far, but out close to 150 on other friends and my boat combined. We trade off.

I will have to admit. It was kinda nice riding with Brady, and not having to worry about my boat..LOL Real relaxing...to bad you dont live closer...

It boggles my mind that people would live where the ski season is so short. :crazy:

This is the best time of the year for skiing. The water is still warm enough to ski in a heater shirt (although the 53° air temp at 7:30 was a little rough) and most of the tube-pullin', paste-eaters have put their boats away for the year. We had glassssssss from 7:30 - 9:30 this morning. It was fantastic.

We are starting to have difficulty finding a 3rd so if anyone in the Grass Valley / Penn Valley (CA) area wants to ski...drop me a note. :thumbup:

It boggles my mind that people would live where the ski season is so short. :crazy:

This is the best time of the year for skiing. The water is still warm enough to ski in a heater shirt (although the 53° air temp at 7:30 was a little rough) and most of the tube-pullin', paste-eaters have put their boats away for the year. We had glassssssss from 7:30 - 9:30 this morning. It was fantastic.

We are starting to have difficulty finding a 3rd so if anyone in the Grass Valley / Penn Valley (CA) area wants to ski...drop me a note. :thumbup:

Its time to start another ski season for us up here. Cant wait for the snow to fly! :yahoo:

95 hours this season.....I pulled the boat out of the slip on Wednesday and it's still in the garage after it's weekly cleaning. Hoping for a few more decent 70 plus days but not going to hold my breath....even when the temps are palatable right now the wind has the lake in white caps...stupid fall.

Mine too What the heck am i doing here.......Absolutely hate the weather , But Great job and family grounded makes it tough to move..Some day !!!

It is sad but I may be a guilty party. I usually ski into late October but life might get in the way this year. The last two weeks have been cold and windy and I am going to be out of town the first two weeks of October. If I don't see a drastic change in the weather soon she's getting the hook :cry:

I could be a third. Can I sleep on your couch? :)

Steve B

:beer:

I could be a third. Can I sleep on your couch? :)

Steve B :beer:

Head on over. :thumbup: You wouldn't be the first Ohio Crew member that came out here and got some skiing done. :)

A little over 40 so far this year, but we made it out 21 times. Last weekend was the hottest of the summer, this weekend it's been misting rain and temps in the 60's. I will be surprised if we get out another 4-5 times. Not only is the weather changing, but work is ramping up and school starts next week. Guess it's time to start thinking about snow skiing :crazy:

Got about 80 hours so far with winterization still about 2 months away, hopefully we will stillbe able to get out some. the weather is not cooperating though. Upper 80's all week with rain in the forcast for today. With 5 kids it was never a short trip but with 5 kids when school starts the afterschool activities, practice homework etc takes up all the time.

Still a good summer though.

REW

Yesterday it was chores or boating ... sick puppy that I am I did chores. Part the reason I worked around the house is I'm behind the 8 ball from all the boating I did this season, 100 hours. I love working my 4 10s and getting Wed off, boating all day Wed are great ... I'm lucky to have a Mr. Mom on the lake. Him and his 4 kids love to boat. Next Sat looks nice ... think that the last time I'll go in my boat ... the following week the boat goes in for it's long winter nap.