Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Don't let this happen to you

Had a big problem today from what would have been a very easy fix. My transmission cooler was apparently mounted a little low and had been rubbing against the alternator just enough to create a small hole and pump all the transmission fluid into the bilge. Sweet huh?

Thought I'd share so it doesn't happen to someone else. (unless it's common -- I didn't search). My motor only has about 110 hours (still looks like it rolled off the showroom floor) It's an 03 23 LSV. Monsoon. Take a peek, and make sure yours doesn't rub too. Looks like the bracket (clamp) slid down too far. Had I known, I could have loosened it, slid it up, and retightened the bracket -- 5 minutes.

Take a close look and feel with your hands, because it'd be real hard to see from above. Trust me.

Anyway -- I was able to install another cooler on the water and salvage half the day, but I'm sure my transmission didn't like running out of fluid. Now I'm off to clean the red slicked bilge.

Edited by rugger