Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2011 Malibu Warranty

Fman

Was just browsing the Malibu website and I did not see anything about the specifics of the 2011 Warranty. Does anyone know what the specifics are for the warranty? Funny, I never really investigated this when I purchased my VLX....assuming Malibu must have a warranty similar to other builders? I remember my dealer mentioned 3 years on the electronic components....

Right out of the manual, but my understanding is 36 month bow-to-stern other than the gel and tower cosmetic.

What Is Covered by the Malibu Boats Limited

Warranty

Coverages:

Base Limited Warranty

For a period of thirty-six (36) months beginning on the date the boat is purchased by the

first retail purchaser through an authorized Malibu Boats sales facility, or, beginning on

the date the boat was first put into service as a demonstrator or otherwise, whichever is

earlier, Malibu Boats will repair substantial manufacturing defects related to materials or

workmanship supplied by it during construction of the boat.

Tower Structural Limited Warranty

For a period of thirty-six (36) months beginning on the date the boat is purchased by the

first retail purchaser through an authorized Malibu Boats sales facility, or, beginning on

the date the boat was first put into service as a demonstrator or otherwise, whichever is

earlier, Malibu Boats will repair substantial manufacturing defects related to structural

materials or structural workmanship supplied by it during construction and installation of

the boats tower.

Tower Cosmetic Limited Warranty

For a period of twelve (12) months beginning on the date the boat is purchased by the

earlier, Malibu Boats will repair substantial manufacturing defects related to cosmetic

materials or cosmetic workmanship supplied by it during construction and installation of

the boats tower.

The Tower Cosmetic Limited Warranty is Not Transferable.

Edited by thtrog

Gelcoat Limited Warranty

For a period of twenty-four (24) months beginning on the date the boat is purchased by

the first retail purchaser through an authorized Malibu Boats sales facility, or, beginning

on the date the boat was first put into service as a demonstrator or otherwise, whichever

is earlier, Malibu Boats, conditioned on the owner having provided maintenance and care

as described in the Malibu Boats Owner’s Manual will repair substantial manufacturing

defects related to materials or workmanship supplied by it in applying the Gelcoat finish

to the boat. This Gelcoat Limited Warranty shall not include gelcoat finish, blistering,

discoloration, fading or osmosis as well as damage due to in-water storage without proper

barrier coat and bottom paints.

The Gelcoat Limited Warranty is Not Transferable.

Lifetime Hull Limited Warranty

For the life of the boat, Malibu Boats will repair substantial manufacturing defects related

to structural materials or structural workmanship supplied by it during the construction of

the hull, deck, liner, stringer or upholstery frame.

All repairs performed by Malibu Boats, or its authorized service facilities, will be

performed using either new or re-manufactured parts. Malibu Boats may, at its option,

install parts which have similar or greater performance characteristics if an identical

replacement part is no longer available. Repairs will be warranted only for the remainder

of the original warranty period.

In addition to Malibu Boats Limited Warranty, your boat also comes with other limited

warranties provided by the engine and trailer manufacturers, among other items. Please

refer to their limited warranty disclosures for details, including their terms, conditions

and limitations.