Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boating in your Malibu

1985Skier

Just wondering what kind of skiing or boating people do with their boat most of the time. For me, my family, friends we mostly barefoot, trick ski, slalom, and swivel ski (one wide ski with the binding having a ball bearing to make the binding swivel 360 degrees) Sometimes wake board and just go cruising. NO tubing behind a SKI boat though, that is a family rule we have! :thumbup:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• REW

• augie09

• WoodyBC

• 1985Skier

Just wondering what kind of skiing or boating people do with their boat most of the time. For me, my family, friends we mostly barefoot, trick ski, slalom, and swivel ski (one wide ski with the binding having a ball bearing to make the binding swivel 360 degrees) Sometimes wake board and just go cruising. NO tubing behind a SKI boat though, that is a family rule we have! :thumbup:

99.9% of the time we are Sky Skiing, the .1% is a tube for the 5 year old great nephew.

Terry

board an skate for my wife son an i an my little girl has a crack on the knee board .... we have the no tube rule as well but ive been seeing some bumps latly that are screaming to be hit with the tube so that may change soon LOL

FT

We used to be about 50% kneeboard, 15% tube, 10% slalom ski, 10% surf, 10% cruise, 5% trying barefooting, wakeboard, skating, or just messing around. My son has gone on his own and this year was more like 80% cruise, 15% tube, 5% watersports. :cry:

I slalom ski, my boys wake board, used to tube until the little man learned how to board, and next year we intend to learn to barefoot. We only have one boat so it gets a little after dinner cruising. Anchoring with cocktails is always on the menu.

Daytime- 50% Wakeboarding, 40% Surfing, 10% Swimming. Nighttime- 100% cocktails watching our wives shake their tails. :innocent: (ALWAYS with a DD of course). Seriously, we enjoy being out on the lake after sunset as much as before it sets. Spend about the same number of hours too... :whistle:

morning outings - 100% wakeboarding with a stop at the lake coffee shop in the middle.

afternoon outings - 50% waekeboarding, 10% ski, 30% tube for the little ones/guests, 10% cruising or swimming

You got a coffee shop on your lake? :crazy: Why do I suddenly feel deprived?