Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

California Delta

StarOneWake

Well was out the other night just about Steamboat Slew and the water was awesome.. Love riding down there, never really see many other boats and seems everyone you do see knows what they are doing and are very respectful.. Quick video of the me riding...

Well was out the other night just about Steamboat Slew and the water was awesome.. Love riding down there, never really see many other boats and seems everyone you do see knows what they are doing and are very respectful.. Quick video of the me riding...

Thats a long ways to go. Is Folsom down too low, or too crowded?

Water level is well above average for this time of year, but yes way too crowded and all the stereotypes are alike out there..... sitting at the launch ramp can provide hours of entertainment more so than any other lake I've ever been to.

That tantrum was huge! Do you switch edges before throwing it?

yes. You cut in hard, come off edge and then point the board more towards the boat...the wave 'trips' you as you ride up it.

Having said that, I can't do one...but I am sort of like a fat basketball coach I used to play for. He couldn't play, but he was a teaching fool. :(

Edited by TallRedRider

There are way to many idiots out there to have a really good session, and the water is always horrible.. I would rather drive an extra 20 minutes to have a great ride..

That tantrum was huge! Do you switch edges before throwing it?

Yes I come off my edge a little when I am going big but if I want to hit the transition (wake to wake) I will get over on my toe a little more and that keeps me from getting so much distance and puts me up a little higher..

There are way to many idiots out there to have a really good session, and the water is always horrible.. I would rather drive an extra 20 minutes to have a great ride..

A good spot that might be a tad closer, is drop in at Garcia Bend and head south to the old sugarbeat factory (10 minutes south). Although Garcia is free launch, so ya end up with lots of chuckleheads, the water down to the sugarbeat factory can be pretty nice. And if ya time it right, there is usually no wait at the launch.

Not sure where you drop in at, but this might give ya more time on the water.

Looks like Star One got a new company V-drive.

I wish, no one else rides here except me and they do not want to spend the cash on one... That is my friends 220 Nautique she has docked on steamboat , I also ride behind a 212 Supreme, and my Centurion Air Warrior...

Wow,

I can't imagine working for a wake board or watersports specific company and not riding.

Heck.

At Zero motorcycles in CA you have to have a motorcycle license to apply for any job there.

Looks like Star One got a new company V-drive.

Samething I was thinking...Looking at the size of the wake! Based on his boat I was expecting to see a ski!!! :whistle:

Edited by srintx