Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Livorsi fuel sending unit

Has anyone out there installed a Livorsi fuel sending unit. I like the engineering and lack of moving parts; however, after looking at the unit in their catalog I am concerned about the thickness of part that is not in the fuel tank. The stock unit raises up only about 1/2" where as the Livorsi looks thicker and I was wondering if that would become an issue when the storage board is placed back over it.

On a separate note, I was reading a post about the stock unit and the writer replaced the ground to the unit with a thicker guage thereby making the stock unit more accurate. The writter claimed that Malibu has a propensity for splicing the ground too many times, thus affecting the accuracy of the fuel sending unit / gas gauge.

Any comments on either subject?

I WILL be making changes to my boat with regard to my inaccurate fuel gauge. Running out of gas in the middle of the lake sucks @ss. Mad.gif

Edited by skistud1

I tied that sending unit on are old Malibu. I could never get it to work with the 4 in 1 Kysor Medallion; I believe it has to do with the MMDC control. I did end up sending the unit back to Livorsi to have it checked out and calibrated, unit was fine. You also need to run a hot wire from the ignition switch and the extra height didn't seam to be a problem.

I was thinking about putting the Livorsi unit in come spring time, eventhough I just did the Teleflex sender last summer. I never even thought of the thickness.

Make sure you update us if you give it a shot.

Mike

I was thinking about putting the Livorsi unit in come spring time, eventhough I just did the Teleflex sender last summer.

Were you not happy with the Teleflex mod, Mike? I have been very satisfied with it.

How simply replacing the ground wire with a thicker guage. I like the construction of the current sending unit, it doesn't seem flimsy like the arm units.

Any truth that the ground wires are spliced too much?

Would this be a viable fix?