Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bought 11' 23LSV and regretting not getting a VLX?

Armyguy

Yeah I figure it this way, if a brand spanking new one pretty loaded was quoted at 71k plus tax, I don't think 10k in depreciation for q one year old boat with 250 hours on it already would seem too far off but who knows. I was even thinking about seeing what kind of deal they would work with me if I left the boat companies emblems on the boat. Guess it can't hurt to ask.

Holy sh*t boat prices are cheap for you guys! My dealer wants 85k plus tax just for a VTX...

I was all set on a blacked out boat with red stripes and red interior accents but after seeing this one I really like it and am torn between the two. Once I get the color side figured out then its just a matter of deciding whether I want the 23lsv or the VLX since it's only a 4k difference in price with all the same options. The VLX just seems to look so much sleeker with it's body lines but then I would lose the extra space. Spending so much money on a boat I definitely don't want to have any regrets, not to mention that I don't know if the LSV os going to fit in my brothers garage. I measured it out the other day at 83" from cement to the lowest part of the wood.

(From the post in this thread.)

Trust me when you bring your new boat home you will be surprised how big it is compared to your house. I know we sure were. Our VLX sideways in our driveway was the only way to get it to fit in front of the double car garage:

IMG_5516.jpg

I'd say out of the box the VLX has a better wakeboard wake but the LSV has more ability to create a surf wake. The stock VLX wake is just choice, but that's an opinion albeit shared by many but you have to demo each fully to assess it for your needs/wants. I surf all day long on my VLX, but if I just wanted to surf I'd probably really consider an LSV. I didn't want an LSV it's too big and don't want a crew that big anyway...after 6-8 hours you only get a run or two. Handling wise its basically a dead heat imho, both handle w/ ease for their respective size. I've had my boat full to capacity with people and plenty of room for gear and everyone is comfortable. Yes anytime you need something you'll need to more someone but more than likely the same for a LSV. Depending where you are located a member may be close that could give you a pull....

The all black LSV is pro wakeskater Brian Grubb's boat. I got to see it last week and it looks great with the charcoal accents!

I personally cant stand the darker colors for the interior of a boat. Just gets to hot to even touch in the sun.

I personally cant stand the darker colors for the interior of a boat. Just gets to hot to even touch in the sun.

I was referring to the gel, but see what you're saying about the interior colors.

Edited by thtrog

I would love to have the extra space of the 23lsv but im really starting to lean towards the VLX..I spoke with 3 other dealerships yesterday and they all said the same thing..they said the VLX is the better overall boat for most things including stock wakeboard and surf wake. They said most people buy the lsv just for the extra space. I don't think the lsv will fit in my garage(83" from ground to lowest part of joist) but my dealership said they could adjust the guide planks on the trailer as well as lower it about an inch and that it would fit. I'm not ordering till about Jan/feb so I have time to decide..the dealership also said they are getting a shipment of boats in next week and I'm on vacation so I will see which one I like more on the demo..I'm going to bring 5 people or so with me so that I can really get a feel for the amount of room each boat has.

Holy sh*t boat prices are cheap for you guys! My dealer wants 85k plus tax just for a VTX...

(From the post in this thread.)

Trust me when you bring your new boat home you will be surprised how big it is compared to your house. I know we sure were. Our VLX sideways in our driveway was the only way to get it to fit in front of the double car garage:

IMG_5516.jpg

That thing looks huge in front of your house...haha

I was referring to the gel, but see what you're saying about the interior colors.

Ah gotcha :cheers:

That thing looks huge in front of your house...haha

Yeah i know haha and thats a VLX... I would imagine the LSV would be out onto the sidewalk!

I am just trying to work out a way to be able to buy a new Malibu EXACTLY the way I want it so that I will be happy with it, and still be able to buy a house that I want in the next year...decisions decisions

Call me old fashioned, but I would buy the house you want / need first, then buy the boat you can afford after that.