Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Big Box of Skins

My set of skins for my SSLXI arrived today from Chee, in a 62 pound box. Wow, I peaked inside, didn't have time to do much more, but WOW, they look good. Delivery time just three weeks from payment. Now I need to figure out how to install them.

Edited by Bozboat

Chee says this is all there:

Sundeck,Rear leanback,Rear seat buttom cushion,St&Port side panels,Ob corner,Ob door or leanback,Ob seat cushion, Driver seat bucket and driver seat cushion, Three bow seats cushions,Motor box, Port & St Bow corner leanback top and buttom,Center bow leanback top and buttom , Three straps,welts, staple hiddem and two linear yards vinyl that's all you get . 24 items in all

e01905e8.jpg

42f80a61.jpg

1c643b5e.jpg

adc4cf65.jpg

432ab481.jpg

I paid what the man asked, without haggling, in advance, and I am a person who normally considers "retail" to be only a starting point. With that said, I am going to let Chee answer your question. Send a pm if you need his contact information

Edited by Bozboat

Chee says this is all there:

Sundeck,Rear leanback,Rear seat buttom cushion,St&Port side panels,Ob corner,Ob door or leanback,Ob seat cushion, Driver seat bucket and driver seat cushion, Three bow seats cushions,Motor box, Port & St Bow corner leanback top and buttom,Center bow leanback top and buttom , Three straps,welts, staple hiddem and two linear yards vinyl that's all you get . 24 items in all

e01905e8.jpg

42f80a61.jpg

1c643b5e.jpg

adc4cf65.jpg

432ab481.jpg

Awesome and you HAVE A BOAT ROOM!!!!! :crazy:

I need to figure out how to replace some carpet and then find someone to put the skins on, so it may be awhile before they get installed, but when they do, I will post the before and after photos.

Thanks

Edited by Bozboat

Install is not that bad, kinda fun actually. I had a thread about a while back as I did all my seat bottoms this past winter, not sure if I gave any detailed instructions though. In the mean time make sure you roll those skins up as best as possible while they're stored to prevent stubborn wrinkles when its time to install.

Install is not that bad, kinda fun actually. I had a thread about a while back as I did all my seat bottoms this past winter, not sure if I gave any detailed instructions though. In the mean time make sure you roll those skins up as best as possible while they're stored to prevent stubborn wrinkles when its time to install.

good point on the unfold and roll. they were packed pretty tight in the box

Thanks for sharing the pics. I'm looking forward to the before and after shots. You must be pumped!

Make sure you remember to snap some pics of the before. I totally spaced that on my boat and I am so bummed... Its easy to get fired up about the project and start yanking seats.

Pretty exciting to be getting a new interior. I had a number of my seats re-sewn to correct separation at the seams that the "bead" hides but alas a year later they are bad again....can't get people to stop stepping on the cushions.

Anyway.....I'm curious....the old vinyl (i.e. pre-2004) really wasn't the best....seems like the new stuff holds up a lot better....Does Chee use the new stuff or the old stuff?

Make sure you remember to snap some pics of the before. I totally spaced that on my boat and I am so bummed... Its easy to get fired up about the project and start yanking seats.

I think that photos required out to be in the bylaws somewhere. Before I can tackle the seats, I need to figure out whether to replace the carpet on the floor, the new seats would just make it look worse. I have ordered some carpet samples and I am hoping for a match.

So when I've done this stuff I've been able to do the seats and some of the seat backs and bolsters without any issues. Stuff like the bow and back seat backs and some of the bolsters depending on the amount of curature I'd farm out to a good local guy who knows what he is doing.

• 1 year later...

I paid what the man asked, without haggling, in advance, and I am a person who normally considers "retail" to be only a starting point. With that said, I am going to let Chee answer your question. Here is his email xxxxxxxx

Bozboat, I think you are a doing him a disservice posting his email on the web and should edit it out of your original post. If any one needs to contact him they can read this thread on who in the crew can direct them (or Bozboat too):

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/45647-chee-mauo-contact-inforamtion/page-2

Edit - ok I just figured out this thread is 2 years old so the cat is sort of out of the bag, so to speak if that is even still valid.

Edited by MalibuTime

I paid what the man asked, without haggling, in advance, and I am a person who normally considers "retail" to be only a starting point. With that said, I am going to let Chee answer your question. Here is his email xxxxxxxx

Bozboat, I think you are a doing him a disservice posting his email on the web and should edit it out of your original post. If any one needs to contact him they can read this thread on who in the crew can direct them (or Bozboat too):

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/45647-chee-mauo-contact-inforamtion/page-2

Edit - ok I just figured out this thread is 2 years old so the cat is sort of out of the bag, so to speak if that is even still valid.

I agree, I just edited the post. I would just say at the time I didn't know any better.