Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What Watt for Tower lights..

malibubu

What are mounted from the factory ?

I keep blowing fuses for my tower lights. (It works for a while - 5 min). I started looking and saw that it was a mix of different brands and watts. I changed all of them to Philips 55W But it didn´t help. I think I need lower watt for the fuses to work? (10A + 15A) 6 towerlights. Would it work if I changed all lamps to 35W? Or anything else? I checked the relays, wiring and connections as good as I could. Anyone else had the same problem and know how to solve it? Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong but 55 watts times 6 fixtures is 330 watts total. 12 to 14 volts at 330 watts is 25 to 22 amps, no? I seem to remember there being a 30 amp fuse in the tower light wiring harness.

We're talking about Titan's 6 fixture Pilot Automotive projector beam tower kit right? I had one lamp out this summer when I bought the boat. Replaced it with a new 55W H3 and immediately started blowing the fuse in the tower light harness. Thought I had a bad lamp so I exchanged it for another and it still blew the fuse. I was anxious to get out on the water that evening so I swapped a rear facing fixture for the one in front that was giving me fits and headed out for Music On The Lake. The next day I popped the original fixture with yet a third lamp into the rear housing and had no problems. I'm not sure if I was getting bad lamps or if I managed to put everything back together without inadvertently causing a short. Might want to check your re-lamp installation for shorts.

Edited by robtr8

right now you are pulling about 27.5 amps if you go to 35watt you will be at 17.5 amps you could just add a 30 amp relay have the switch control the relay and then fuse the relay at 30amp