Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trailer Brake Fluid flush

BuFootin

I've got a 2005 Dorsey single axle trailer with surge drum brakes. All functions properly but noticed the brake fluid is getting darker in color and thought it was time to change it. Anyone ever bleed and refill their trailer brake system? How tough is it, any helpful hints?

It's pretty easy to do. Tips will depend on what brand of actuator you have on your trailer. My Dorsey has an Atwood actuator.

Sorry, should have put that in there.....I have a UFP A-60 Actuator

Sorry, should have put that in there.....I have a UFP A-60 Actuator

I would be lookikng for this info too... also a UFP actuator and a tandem axle BM trailer... Hope to see good info!

IMHO,

Dan's link is a good tool but, a little over board for the once or twice user.

You can do the same thing, easier, with one of these.

There are a million threads on flushing trailer brake fluid. It's the same a doing it on a car, basically.

Have you actually done this on a boat trailer brake system?

Yes. I replaced the master cylinder in my 2001 Boatmate tandem axle (4 wheel disk brakes and UFP actuator) with this tool last year. Brakes almost work too well now.

Edited by Lieutenant Dan