Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's in your Cleaning Bucket?

wakerat

What are you favorite supplies, secret recipes or other keys to keeping your ride nice and perty? Vinegar/Water, Mequiars, 303, Fantastik, Comet? Vinyl tips? Carpet tricks? What about tools of the trade - paper towels, rags, terry, chamois, sponges (assuming sponge worthiness)? Be specific - What about your biggest challenge - gum, red wine, ski/board graphics bled, self tanning lotions?

I use 303 arerspace protectant, bombardier vinyl cleaner(great), 3M mildew blocker, yacht bright, oxy clean carpet cleaner, armorall windown wipes. If there is a nasty stain i get a tooth brush or a bristle brush and scrub the heck out of it. and a bunch of rags or microfiber rags work great.

Welcome.gif

For the outside: Mequire's Quick Detailer for the end of day wipedown.

For the inside: Babe's vinyl cleaner for end of day clean up. 303 ever so often to keep it nice, and Magic Eraser for when it needs a good cleaning.

Hey what part of "The Great State of Texas" do you live?

I use 303 arerspace protectant, bombardier vinyl cleaner(great), 3M mildew blocker, yacht bright, oxy clean carpet cleaner, armorall windown wipes. If there is a nasty stain i get a tooth brush or a bristle brush and scrub the heck out of it. and a bunch of rags or microfiber rags work great.

Welcome to the site. But be cautious about anything with 'Oxy' in it. It usually means perroxide and may stain....

Pat Biggrin.gif

Tony is our own aneal000 and his recipe is 50%____ and 50%____. Since he's got a nasty team of lawyers scouring the internet, he'll have to fill in the blanks. He's got the patent on the product, but I've got the trademark on the name. Biggrin.gif

btw, other than loving 303 and Eagle One® Wax As-U-Dry®, my new found favorite discovery last summer was simple green®. I had a scum line early in the season that neither boat wash nor vinegar and water would touch. I keep simple green on hand for bilge clean up and gas spills, the pro series automotive mixture, so for the heck of it, I squirted some on the scum line and it just wiped off with absolutely no effort. I then turned it on the van's brake dust coated front aluminum wheels and was amazed again. Then all the black brake dust just rinsed right out of the white towel. Great stuff that I use for almost all cleaning now. Biodegradable, non-toxic, non-abrasive, and a good vinyl cleaner when diluted to proper strength.

Tony is our own aneal000 and his recipe is 50%____ and 50%____. Since he's got a nasty team of lawyers scouring the internet, he'll have to fill in the blanks. He's got the patent on the product, but I've got the trademark on the name. Biggrin.gif

btw, other than loving 303 and Eagle One® Wax As-U-Dry®, my new found favorite discovery last summer was simple green®. I had a scum line early in the season that neither boat wash nor vinegar and water would touch. I keep simple green on hand for bilge clean up and gas spills, the pro series automotive mixture, so for the heck of it, I squirted some on the scum line and it just wiped off with absolutely no effort. I then turned it on the van's brake dust coated front aluminum wheels and was amazed again. Then all the black brake dust just rinsed right out of the white towel. Great stuff that I use for almost all cleaning now. Biodegradable, non-toxic, non-abrasive, and a good vinyl cleaner when diluted to proper strength.

I'm picturing you holding up a bottle of simple green up next to your face with a big grin preaching the evils of Ring around the collar - those dirty rings Crazy.gif Seriously though, that stuff does work real well.

One item that I think is a great help (I have two of them in the boat - one for me, one for a friend to help Biggrin.gif ) are those synthetic chamois - I believe they are called the Absorber

They come in their own storage can, soak up tons of water, and remove water spots well - plus they wring out, and store nicely - and you can even wash them if they get dirty... though I just give mine a good dunk or two, and wring 'em out.

This is all I use for drying the boat, and they really work great - also used for mopping up water off the seats from people climbing in and out, and dewy mornings etc...

Magic Eraser, Simple Green, and for the real stubborn stuff that won't come off the the vinyl...Soft Scrub with bleach.

I use the Soft Scrub on white vinyl only and try to stay away from stiching. Put on a little bit, leave it out in the sun for awhile and wipe off latter. That's for the tough stuff that simple green won't get out.