Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'08 WS LSV Transom LED Lights slowly dying...

bmontini

All

I have a strange issue for LED lights. Slowly over the past 3 years, the individual LEDs on the underwater transom lights have slowly began to die, one by one...

These LEDs are of course, VERY expensive for what they are, and I know that Malibu doesn't make them, but they are OEM'd from somewhere...

either way, I have only turned on the interior lights on the boat about 5 times over the years, and as of last night, I have about 4 of the 12 individulal LEDs left working... Actually very dim in the water now!

Anyways, I am hoping someone might know who made these 6 LED units and if I can invoke a warranty anywhere... My Malibu warranty was out on Nov '10 (even though it is an '08, i got one of the first in late 07)

Thanks!

i had mine replaced for the same reason in 09 (fortunately under warranty). Dealer put the upgraded 09 version is as the 08 was a known issue. Unfortunately I don't know the manufacturer but the 09s have worked great since. There are threads on here with people doing aftermarket upgrades for a lot less money but I am good with the factory ones

the interior LED's look like Attwood to me. Mine have all failed as well (06 LSV.) I have been replacing them with cheap ebay LED"s which seem to last longer, though are really only good for 4-5 seasons too.

I have no idea why these fail so quickly.

From looking the transom LED's look like Attwood stiuff as well.

I am still trying to get Attwood to warranty these as (if they are indeed theirs) ... I have an email into their support group.. If anyone has gotten hold of Attwood or can confirm attwood as the supplier, that would help me out...

However.... either way, I think I found what might be the best, brightest underwater lights for the money. AND MADE IN THE USA!!!!

AquaLeds $99 each on ebay, $129 on their site. They look great... I haven't tried them, and am not affiliated with them... but for the price, Made in the USA, etc.. They very well will be a second set of underwater lights, especially if I can't get Attwood to honor their warranty (that is, IF they are truly theirs! )

Just got an email back from Attwood, they claim that though they look similar, these are not theirs...

Just FYI, mine look like these at Bakes... (I hope they don't mind me linking to the image!!! )

UndrWtrTranLt_LG.jpg

Just got an email back from Attwood, they claim that though they look similar, these are not theirs...

Just FYI, mine look like these at Bakes... (I hope they don't mind me linking to the image!!! )

UndrWtrTranLt_LG.jpg

Interesting. They look just like attwoods to me.

these look like the newer style:

http://www.attwoodmarine.com/userfiles/images/attwood-old/6510_underwater.jpg

and these look like older style, but smaller:

http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/product/led-underwater-3-inch

And these sure look like the interior lights:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Attwood-LED-Horizontal-Vertical-Micro-Light-Red/14150816?sourceid=1500000000000025851520&srccode=cii_18492716&cpncode=00-6008175-2

So if Attwood does not make them - who does? Not many other OEM marine manufactures are there?

Edited by ilovetrains