Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

PLEASE HELP! Service Required light keeps coming on on our brand new VLX

We just picked up our 2011 Wakesetter VLX from the dealer yesterday and went out today for the first time today and are having some problems. It was delivered with 1.1hrs and first the first .9hrs everything was fine during break-in then right at 2hrs the Service Required alarm came one. I cleared it and keep on our course of breaking in by varying the speeds between idle and 2,500rpms as the dealer told me and the warning keeps coming on every 3-5 minutes. We now have 2.6hrs on boat and the warning light probably came on 7 or 8 times.

I went into Maliview and took a picture of the the inactive engine faults which are below. Any ideas on what is going on or have any of you experienced similar problems? I am hoping it is something simple like an O2 sensor or something that my dealer can quickly fix on Tuesday

MaliviewInactiveEngineFaults.jpg

Pretty frustrating to have happen my first time out and as my first experience with Malibu. Thanks for any help.

Edited by shenard

OK-- the good thing is you have a terrific dealer and YOU would be first in the shop to get looked at. Take your boat in to service and it"ll likely be finished that very day.

I have had several error codes, but never had those or heard anyone that has had those....

Edited by nyryan2001

OK-- the good thing is you have a terrific dealer and YOU would be first in the shop to get looked at. Take your boat in to service and it"ll likely be finished that very day.

I have had several error codes, but never had those or heard anyone that has had those....

Thanks for feedback. This is first Malibu I have ever owned and hopefully it will not be an ongoing problem I have to deal with. Do you still have error messages every once and awhile and is it expected with these newer models with all of the electronics or should they be very reliable once broken in?

look thru the maintenence trouble shoot section.... you see folks post in there periodically on 2010-2011's with stuff here and there... no biggie, take your boat in and have them work that issue off soonest...

look thru the maintenence trouble shoot section.... you see folks post in there periodically on 2010-2011's with stuff here and there... no biggie, take your boat in and have them work that issue off soonest...

Good to hear. Hopefully, I will see you soon out on Lewisville. I will just look for the white boat packed with women!!!

just this weekend I was talking with folks about heading south for one last weekend.... already in 2 weeks we went from 92deg water to 80deg water... Hows the water level and water temp at Lewisville?

Had a warning light and sound that went off at 12hours for me. I would mute it but came back every 3 or 4 min. Took it in to water ski am for that and to change out fluids . They said there was a spike in the voltage and they changed the alternator. No problems since (22 hours). I really do like those guys.

Lewisvile level is ok. No new uncovered hazards yet but the ones that have always been there (sand bar at 121, party cove entarence) are magnified 10x. May have gotten some rain today! I have noticed a real drop in h2o temp. 82 last weekend. Coming to an end soon.

• 1 year later...

We just picked up our 2011 Wakesetter VLX from the dealer yesterday and went out today for the first time today and are having some problems. It was delivered with 1.1hrs and first the first .9hrs everything was fine during break-in then right at 2hrs the Service Required alarm came one. I cleared it and keep on our course of breaking in by varying the speeds between idle and 2,500rpms as the dealer told me and the warning keeps coming on every 3-5 minutes. We now have 2.6hrs on boat and the warning light probably came on 7 or 8 times.

I went into Maliview and took a picture of the the inactive engine faults which are below. Any ideas on what is going on or have any of you experienced similar problems? I am hoping it is something simple like an O2 sensor or something that my dealer can quickly fix on Tuesday

MaliviewInactiveEngineFaults.jpg

Pretty frustrating to have happen my first time out and as my first experience with Malibu. Thanks for any help.

Im having the exact same problem on my '11 VLX, did you ever find the problem? what were your trouble codes at the time?