Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LEAKING HULL PUMP.. 08 VLX

malibu.c.c

THE CENTER BALLAST PUMP THATS SCREWED INTO THE HULL IS LEAKING WATER,HAVE TURNED LEAVER OF BUT STILL LEAKING..

WHAT SHOULD I CHANGE TO STOP THIS??

Not much detail here... Where is it leaking? The pump itself? The threads? Etc.. ?

cant be the pump as when i shut of leaver it still leaks ..looks like the thread

There really are only 2 options here. It is either leaking around the hull through because the hole is too big, or the sealant has failed. Or it is leaking from the threads between the shut off valve and through hull. I would first unscrew the shut off valve (with boat out of the water :rofl: ), and then put some sort of sealant on the shut off valve and screw it back in tight. Other wise, you need to remove the through hull and put a layer of 3M 5200 around it and put it back. The 5200 turns to concrete, so don't plan on ever gettting it out again, some guys prefer the 4200 because it is slightly less concrete-like.