Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

trailer wiring

2008 Extreme trailer. ran over wire harness plug and threw away. got a new one but can't seem to wire it right

it's 7 pin. 6 around one in the middle. the trailer has 2 white wires 2 black wires. green, blue, yellow

I know blue is for the brakes. do not understand the two white and two black?

any ideas?

thanks for any help!!!

My link

Scroll down this page for the standard set-ups.

One note, the Blue is only if you have electric brakes.

My blue goes to the reverse solonoid. Non electric breaks.

Based on the linked information the blue trailer wire probably goes with the purple truck wire for the back up solonoid. (5 way connector)

Edited by REW

thanks guys! I have that link but still could not figure what those two white and two black wires are for

they are all striped with the same

color too. very frustrating. just woke up

but will try and see what I can find. these extreme trailers have always been a headache for me

thanks guys! I have that link but still could not figure what those two white and two black wires are for

they are all striped with the same

color too. very frustrating. just woke up

but will try and see what I can find. these extreme trailers have always been a headache for me

I am not positive, but on some trailers there are 2 wires the same color that go to each side of the trailer. In other words, there is a tail light wire and a ground wire going to each side of the trailer, and they are the same color. A white wire and a black wire for the left side and another for the right side. Thus 4 wires for the tail lights . This might be the what is happening in your case?

Can't you just take a jumper battery, run a ground wire to the frame of the trailer, then take a fused 12V+ jumper wire and probe each of your wires on the trailer and see what lights light up?

Can't you just take a jumper battery, run a ground wire to the frame of the trailer, then take a fused 12V+ jumper wire and probe each of your wires on the trailer and see what lights light up?

That would work beautifully but most people don't have a fuesd jumper wire,