Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2012 MXZ just ordered

saidainc

Hey folks the 2012 MXZ I just ordered from Idaho Water Sports will be my first Bu. Kinda fell in love with the design although some say its not a true Malibu or that its an XSTAR knockoff (although these same people never accuse the A22 of such). Bout 3 weeks out from delivery but Im in Afghanistan until December anyway so no worries.

Ordered the same colors which sounds wacky but really liked how they pop on the water.

Hoping that the wake and the wave this thing puts out will be similar to the VLX.

Good for you Brother, safe travels home. Where are you at? Bought mine after my 3rd tour...getting it in DEC will give you the few months you need to get the stereo or anything else you want on it ready for a blast out on the water!

Good for you Brother, safe travels home. Where are you at? Bought mine after my 3rd tour...getting it in DEC will give you the few months you need to get the stereo or anything else you want on it ready for a blast out on the water!

Yeah thanks man Im in Helmand Province with 1st Recon out of Pendleton but super excited for next summer.

Congratulations, heck of a boat!

So, are you going with McIntosh or Granny Smith in the rear storage?

bwahahahaha!

The real apple lover knows there is only one: Honey Crisp.

:biggrin:

Too late to load up any pics, but you made a great choice Saidainc! We we out on Phillip Sovens MXZ today and it is Awesome! I got to drive it and my son rode, we made our decision on our next boat right on the water. We had full ballast, wedge, 9 adults and the wake is Amazing! It drove, rode, and handled as expected like a Malibu. With the full fiberglass interior build up it was a somewhat louder than our previous boats. It also had the 6.0/410 so that may have made some difference. A few things noted: new fueling system to prevent flow back - the caps swivel up instead of screw on. The fuel tank vent is also different, I may have seen it before but not sure where...it's circular. The boat also has a backup keyed ignition beside the breaker panell, below the throttle. They have also put the carpet back underneath the seats and in the storage areas. Like the pickle style or not this boat is going to be a hit, no doubt.

Too late to load up any pics, but you made a great choice Saidainc! We we out on Phillip Sovens MXZ today and it is Awesome! I got to drive it and my son rode, we made our decision on our next boat right on the water. We had full ballast, wedge, 9 adults and the wake is Amazing! It drove, rode, and handled as expected like a Malibu. With the full fiberglass interior build up it was a somewhat louder than our previous boats. It also had the 6.0/410 so that may have made some difference. A few things noted: new fueling system to prevent flow back - the caps swivel up instead of screw on. The fuel tank vent is also different, I may have seen it before but not sure where...it's circular. The boat also has a backup keyed ignition beside the breaker panell, below the throttle. They have also put the carpet back underneath the seats and in the storage areas. Like the pickle style or not this boat is going to be a hit, no doubt.

I would like to have a backup keyed ignition on mine.