Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New 22 MXZ board racks

Fman

Really like how the top racks are angled up to allow more space between the two racks for wakeboard binding clearance, anyone know if this can be done with the 2010/11 board racks? Or is this just an MXZ option. The brackets and tower look identical to the 2011 VLX G3.

MXZ_2012.jpg

Really like how the top racks are angled up to allow more space between the two racks for wakeboard binding clearance, anyone know if this can be done with the 2010/11 board racks? Or is this just an MXZ option. The brackets and tower look identical to the 2011 VLX G3.

MXZ_2012.jpg

From what I was told from my dealer was that the non swivel racks angle up more. So I would guess those are just regular racks. But they would fit the 2011 tower being they have the same bolt pattern.

Yes my dealer put on the non swivel racks to show me what they would look like and the forks did angle up more. They looked just like the standard G3 racks they just didn't rotate. I ended up modifying the rotating G3 racks as I wanted them to rotate into the boat.

Yes my dealer put on the non swivel racks to show me what they would look like and the forks did angle up more. They looked just like the standard G3 racks they just didn't rotate. I ended up modifying the rotating G3 racks as I wanted them to rotate into the boat.

How did you modify the racks to angle up more? Do you have any photos?

Thanks for the clarification, could not tell from the picture they did not swivel. Would be nice to have similar style with the swivel option...

It can be done. Early in the season we bought a second pair of the swivel racks to free our bow area from the surfboards. We didn't like them because of interference with the board boots from the lower racks. The only way it worked was when we put 2 surfboards in the 2 middle positions and wake boards on top and bottom. This arrangement was OK, but the wakeboards were not held securely since the surfers are wider. Our dealer let us switch the forks on the top racks with the angled-up ones. They don't look as good, but they work a lot better. Here are a couple of pics:

2278168390079687796S600x600Q85.jpg

2302141770079687796S600x600Q85.jpg

I'd have to add that with the bimini deployed the upper racks only turn in about 30 degrees or so. Maybe the reason malibu does not offer the higher angle ones with a swivel base?

Does your bimini have the rear height adjustment?

I remember that thread. It turned out nice. What I have not figured out is why they dont offer the combo racks with the surf fork on the upper part of the lower rack (standard), and the surf fork on the lower fork of the upper rack? Am I missing something?

I remember that thread. It turned out nice. What I have not figured out is why they dont offer the combo racks with the surf fork on the upper part of the lower rack (standard), and the surf fork on the lower fork of the upper rack? Am I missing something?

More programming and more machine time = more money and time spent and manufacturers cant afford to loose either unless they know for sure it is going to be profitable...

More programming and more machine time = more money and time spent and manufacturers cant afford to loose either unless they know for sure it is going to be profitable...

I talked with a Malibu rep at one of the boat shows and that is pretty much what they told me. They indicated there were no current plans to expand the G3 rack offerings.

DSC_8230.jpg

DSC_8229.jpg

This is what I ended up with.

Kris

I really like the 4 board racks, but it does require moving boards at times to allow different binding sizes to fit properly inbetween eachother. Its really nice stowing the surfboards up out of the way and all the wakeboards. I do think Malibu could improve them a little to allow more space inbetween the racks.... they do seem to be well built and solid.