Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Differences between '04 vlx and '05 vride?

OneMoreSet

Considering this year range of boats and I understand that the hull is the same and mostly interior. But to any current or previous owners as to the details, what are some of the differences you've noticed perhaps in materials, mechanicals, standard accessories, and options between the two. I believe Malibu stated that the same quaility materials and components were used but interested to hear from other sources.

Thanks!

I was in this same boat and even though the hulls, ballast, engine are the same there are some differences:

-hull paint: vride has the vride scheme unless you get the wakesetter graphics package. Even then the wakesetter tends to have more colors 3 vs 2 but can have 3.

- dash: dash in vride is newer and similiar to what all boats went to including the vlx in 05.

Interior: seating design of contours is more basic on vride. Cup holder cubbies are carpet wrapped vs vinyl wrapped. No fancy billet badges on vride in general.

Vride typically also came with no bow rail, STD swim platform was wood, no billet pieces, dash near the throttle is more basic material etc.

This is in general as I'm sure you could of ordered a vride with every option the vlx came with.

In addition to what's already been mentioned...

rear ballast was an up grade in the vride, and many vrides that I looked at a couple of years ago had only the center tank.

LCR motor was standard, not monsoon, and most I saw before I had mine were spec'd with the lcr. (LCR will totally get the job done on this little boat btw)

rub rail wasn't stainless (standard)

From there I think it's just the dash (not vinyl wrapped and stitched, as I've seen on vlx's) and Interior (not as intricate).

My vride still had a pretty nice looking interior though.

04 VLX is basically the same boat as the 05 V-Ride, depending on how their ordered/built.

I have the 05 V-Ride, and whoever ordered it, had it built pretty loaded. I have a neighbor with the 04 VLX. And another neighbor with the an 08 V-Ride. All 3 boats are very similar. Biggest difference appears to be the trim level on the driver's side dash.

How they stack up:

05 V-Ride - 340 hp Monsoon, Titan II tower, Gorilla fins, manual Wedge, PerfectPass, 3 ballast tanks, Isotta throttle knob, basic steering wheel, SS rubrail, WakeSetter graphics, no bow rails, flip bow light, teak swimstep.

08 V-Ride - 320 HP LCR, Illusion tower, Gorilla fins, floating Wedge, MalibuCruise, 3 ballast tanks, basic throttle knob, Isotta steering wheel, black rubber rubrail, Vride graphics, no bow rails, standard bow light, fiberglass swimstep.

04 VLX - 330 HP Monsoon, Titan I tower, Gorilla fins, manual Wedge, PerfectPass, 3 ballast tanks, basic throttle knob, basic steering wheel, SS rubrail, WakeSetter graphics, SS bow rails, standard bow light, teak swimstep.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky