Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wall reinforcement question??

rct86

Hey guys,

I just purchased a 750# fat sac for my '05 23 LSV. I've seen some people say that wall reinforcement is a must for the 1100#, but I haven't seen anything on the 750#. I know the old saying "better safe than sorry", but are any of you guys running yours without the wall reinforcement? Also, if I do decide to reinforce, will I need to only reinforce the inner wall or all of the walls? Have any of you guys had problems with the 750# smashing the stock hard tank? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

I have a 750# in each locker, and I didn't have any reinforcement for 3 summers. I did notice that the dividers would bow into the engine compartment some. Last winter, I didn't have any other boat projects, so I decided to reinforce the dividers. I do enjoy the peace of mind even though it may not be necessary. It cost about $50 (aluminum rectangular tube + ss screws, bolts & washers) and took about an hour to complete.

Edited by Tao of Wake

I wonder if I should reinforce mine. I have 500# sacks now, and plan to upgrade to 750's. But my divider houses the table top on one side (not worried about that), but the other has the glass for my bow block-off. I'd hate to crack the glass.

I wonder if I should reinforce mine. I have 500# sacks now, and plan to upgrade to 750's. But my divider houses the table top on one side (not worried about that), but the other has the glass for my bow block-off. I'd hate to crack the glass.

Take both out of there (at least the glass). I put them in the passenger storage compartment under the glove box.

• 1 month later...

I just went to home depot and got some 3/4" aluminum angle and SS screws. Put 3 bars on each panel divider and works awesome and not too conspicuous.