Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone add rear ballast access panels?

wakeboarder3780

So it's my understanding that most 06 or newer boats now have access panels built into the floorboards in the back where you can get at the hard tanks hose connections and one where you can get at the empty pump. Anyone ever mod a floor that *doesn't* have these to make it have them? Just looking for ideas before I implement my own. The one by the water tube connections should be easy, it's just a box that you cut the top off. I could put any type of cover over the top of that, fiberglass, carbon fiber, carpeted fiberglass, whatever.

The panel in the back I'm not sure what to think of. I'm guessing I could simply cut a hole and have a thin cover of carbon figer / fiberglass over the top of it. Should look nice and finished and allow access to the pump. Thoughts? Would anyone be willing to post pics of their access panels if they were lucky enough to have them stock? I have pictures of the front box area around the water tubes, but looking for a pic of the back.

Here are pics of the front if anyone is looking for them in the future:

coveron.jpg

coveroff.jpg

Edited by wakeboarder3780

Ok so what I'm asking for is if ANYONE would be willing to walk out the their LSV that *has* the access panels in the very back section of their lockers (your empty pump is under this panel) and could take a couple pictures of it to let me know what it looks like that would be great.

oh and to answer your question all they did was cut a hole and then make a little carpeted panel about 6-8" by 10-12" that screws down over the hole with 2 screws

Ken

did you remove the carpet in your storage locations and is that just the plastic floor or what kind of covering did you use

Ken

These aren't pics from my boat, these were provided to me by wakemakers to describe what i had to do to troubleshoot my system. I'm guessing this is maybe what the newer boats look like instead of carpet? Either that or they did something custom. I thought it looked kind of interesting too.

oh and to answer your question all they did was cut a hole and then make a little carpeted panel about 6-8" by 10-12" that screws down over the hole with 2 screws

Ken

So you're saying it isn't even flush with the floor? Like it literally is just a carpeted piece of wood screwed down over the top of a hole?

• 2 years later...