Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Broken wrist = No more wakeboarding for now

Foatin' Doats!

Had the boat at the lake Saturday night. Surfed/boarded until sunset, then took the boat over to a bar and grill on the lake. There was a dance floor. Chick spilled her beer all over the dance floor. My flip flops don't get good traction. Down I went, face first. Caught myself in the push up position with my nose about a 1/8" from smacking the floor. My left wrist however was not so lucky! Bummer. Be careful of drunk chicks and their drinks on the dance floor!

It stinks, but maybe I can do a one handed pull to surf next weekend...

I had a wrist in a cast one summer and that's what I did. Beats sitting in the boat while everyone else has fun.

Sorry to hear you got banged up. Take it easy for a few weeks before trying anything too crazy. I was ready to surf after breaking bones in my face and I'm glad I waited a few weeks. It's not worth making any injury worse just for a quick pull. Things can go bad too quick. Make sure you heal up a bit before trying it! Hope you heal up quick!

Thanks guys. Funny thing is, all the crazy stuff I do behind the boat with no injuries (except pride sometimes) and then I break my wrist walking from the bar to a table across the dance floor! Oh well, I can still watch my kids surf and board. I get as much of a kick out of that as being back there myself anyway!