Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Research: Bu 247

jkw24

I just sold my boat so I am now starting to look for a new ride. The boat will be used for surfing, tubing the kids ( 6 years old and 2 years old) and just handing out swimming. My search is mainly focused on Bu 247 and an Enzo 230/240 (which I know a lot about since the boat I just sold was a Centurion Avy). My search will generally be on boats in the 2008-2010 year range, my main question is what type of year over year changes should I be aware of (hull, engine, tower, digital dash, power wedge, vinyl upgrade, snap out carpet, cooler, etc). What type of maintenance issues/concerns should I keep an eye out for? Is the new tower vs the old tower a huge difference? At the end of the day, I guess the question is what is the major upgrade say between a 2008 and 2010 besides the obvious tower and digital dash.

Thanks for any input.

Jeff

Edited by jkw24

I'm sure others will chime in, but check out the resources/diy section at the top of the page. It has all the specs for each year and contains downloads to the original sales and engine manuals for most years.

I just sold my boat so I am now starting to look for a new ride. The boat will be used for surfing, tubing the kids ( 6 years old and 2 years old) and just handing out swimming. My search is mainly focused on Bu 247 and an Enzo 230/240 (which I know a lot about since the boat I just sold was a Centurion Avy). My search will generally be on boats in the 2008-2010 year range, my main question is what type of year over year changes should I be aware of (hull, engine, tower, digital dash, power wedge, vinyl upgrade, snap out carpet, cooler, etc). What type of maintenance issues/concerns should I keep an eye out for? Is the new tower vs the old tower a huge difference? At the end of the day, I guess the question is what is the major upgrade say between a 2008 and 2010 besides the obvious tower and digital dash.

Thanks for any input.

Jeff

Not much change from 08'-10', tower and engine options mostly. Big changes in 11'-12' with digital dash and new hull.

I would definitely be looking for a boat the latest "G3" tower. (the tower with the chrome bar in the forward position). Lot of rattle complaints with the 2 older designs.

Thanks for any input.

Jeff

Not much other than that. But I just sent you a pm on my 2007 we have decided to sell. 247 will have incredible surfing potential like the enzo, but without the vibration and slow performance. :lol:

Not much other than that. But I just sent you a pm on my 2007 we have decided to sell. 247 will have incredible surfing potential like the enzo, but without the vibration and slow performance. :lol:

Or the crazy loud exhaust, or wood in the seats, or the spider cracking issues, etc etc.

Or the crazy loud exhaust, or wood in the seats, or the spider cracking issues, etc etc.

...or flames on the side, or the washed out wakeboard wave, or barge-like low speed handling....kidding OP. But would like to see you in a bu, haha. :biggrin:

Not much change from 08'-10', tower and engine options mostly. Big changes in 11'-12' with digital dash and new hull.

I would definitely be looking for a boat the latest "G3" tower. (the tower with the chrome bar in the forward position). Lot of rattle complaints with the 2 older designs.

Thanks for the info.

Anybody have any video/pics of Bu 23 surf wake?