Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Oil filter stuck

Tacostik

My oil filter is so $&@"$&@ stuck it's not funny. Filter wrench was no help. Screwdriver in it was no help. What next?

I have had one stuck so bad that I had to remove the remote housing, place it in a vise and use a pipe wrench on the filter. Started changing it myself from then on.

Large channel lock pliers?

I think I would have tried that before the screwdriver though.

Good luck.

Channel lock makes a set of pliers for removing oil filters. I'd go with that.

I have had one stuck so bad that I had to remove the remote housing, place it in a vise and use a pipe wrench on the filter. Started changing it myself from then on.

I did the exact same thing this past weekend. I tried for an hour getting that B%^! off. Finally, I removed the remote housing bracket, had my brother in law hold the bracket (in the locker) with channel locks and I took a big pipe wrench to it. I still had to crank the filter pretty hard with the pipe wrench.