Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Worst Day Ever

Big-K

So we were out surfing today in the middle of the lake, and all the sudden bang. The sound no one likes to hear, hit somthing hard. I limped in to the dock, put it up on the lift and i almost threw up. Prop is mangled rudder is bent and wedge is down with one of the actuator's broken clean off. Worst part about it is that my father hit a rock around the same area 4 days ago and wrote off a prop. I put a new prop on yesterday a d here i am. two props beat to crap one wedge with two broken actuators and a bent rudder.

Question is where do i find a new rudder and lenco actuators for the power wedge. I would like to get it fixed somewhat quick so i can run it before i put it away for the season and left wondering if i bent the driveshaft or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

not sure about driveline damage. the weird thing is, is that the rudder has no marks of hitting anything nor does the power wedge. But we clearly hit somthing. There was no damage done to the drive shaft when my father hit before and im hoping for the same verdict. However when he hit he was putting around 5 mph and i was going around 9 mph. Hoping for the best.....

So we were out surfing today in the middle of the lake, and all the sudden bang. The sound no one likes to hear, hit somthing hard. I limped in to the dock, put it up on the lift and i almost threw up. Prop is mangled rudder is bent and wedge is down with one of the actuator's broken clean off. Worst part about it is that my father hit a rock around the same area 4 days ago and wrote off a prop. I put a new prop on yesterday a d here i am. two props beat to crap one wedge with two broken actuators and a bent rudder.

Question is where do i find a new rudder and lenco actuators for the power wedge. I would like to get it fixed somewhat quick so i can run it before i put it away for the season and left wondering if i bent the driveshaft or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

What lake is this rock in...for any other crew members that might boat there.

Lake is in Nova Scotia in Canada on the east coast. I dont think anyone in the crew will be hitting it. Dealer is a issue seeing as the closest malibu dealer is about a 14 hour drive away, there not popular boats out here.

Thanks

Bummer!! From the e-mails I've got over the weekend your not the only one that wrecked their underwater gear.

We have a lot of experience with that in our area with the surround rivers and Lake's with hazards so if you need any help drop me a e-mail. All these parts are easily sourced especially on a boat new enough like yours.

-Paul

Bummer!! From the e-mails I've got over the weekend your not the only one that wrecked their underwater gear.

We have a lot of experience with that in our area with the surround rivers and Lake's with hazards so if you need any help drop me a e-mail. All these parts are easily sourced especially on a boat new enough like yours.

-Paul

I placed two orders yesterday with you guys. one order has two actuators and a rudder and the other order is a propellor. I called up my friend down the road and said he has delt with you guys before and its the best place to get all the parts. It was Randy Eisener with Perfect Pass.

Worst day ever? I thought I was going to read that you ran someone over or that someone died. Sucks about your boat, but you'll be back up and running in no time!

I was thinking the same thing, nothing worse than reading horror stories of people getting hurt especially when there is a jet ski/sea doo involved!

Consider the damages nothing, your rider could have been the worse of the situation. Glad no one was hurt and you'll get it back up in no time.

No damage to the hull?

Happened to us in July and yes, it's a horrible feeling. Boat parts are replaceable, lives are not. Look at the bright side! If you want some good news, we were back on the water in a week and a half and we had fiberglass damage. Good Luck!

If you hit hard enough to mangle a prop, I'll be amazed if you didn't lunch your shaft and strut also. My dad hit a rock pile at idle with our '01 a few years ago and we needed all new stuff between the rudder and the shaft coupler.

I placed two orders yesterday with you guys. one order has two actuators and a rudder and the other order is a propellor. I called up my friend down the road and said he has delt with you guys before and its the best place to get all the parts. It was Randy Eisener with Perfect Pass.

Nice, thanks for your business!! We will get that going tomorrow (Tuesday) for you after we re-open up after Labor Day weekend.

That's great Randy gave us the referral, i will make sure to send him thanks.

We will be in touch!

-Paul