Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What boat cover to buy?

Stuart

Hello Crew,

Hoping for some input on the good or bad on available covers out there. Have a favorite? Certain manufacturer that you can recomend? Boat is 05 VLX. Have snap on travel cover but want to get something that goes over rub rails in case it has to be out in the weather for a day or two. Thanks for your input.

Do a search using the word "evolution". Evolution covers are the cat's meow (whatever the heck that means :dontknow:).

:lol:

Seriously though, Evolution Covers are the best covers available, hands down.

Hello Stuart,

Cory Anderson at Evolution Covers makes the best cover available. Fortunately, I used to live 10 miles from his shop and he was nice enough to make a custom cover for my 2008 23' LSV and I could not be happier. The boat came with a cover from someone who attempted to copy Cory's work but miserably failed. The cover would blow off at any wind above 10 mph. One of the custom features Cory added to my cover this Spring was to install "rubber" grommets at each of my pull-out cleats. They are wonderful and actually aid me when installing the cover if I am tethered to a mooring bouy and have to work the cover from inside the boat. I have attached a photograph of the grommet.

The website for Evolution Covers is at: http://evolutioncovers.com/. Cory's telephone number is (425) 478-2043. Aside from making the best boat covers, Cory is one of the nicest people you will ever meet.

Best regards,

Eric

post-14398-050687700 1315095565_thumb.jp

Hello Stuart,

Cory Anderson at Evolution Covers makes the best cover available. Fortunately, I used to live 10 miles from his shop and he was nice enough to make a custom cover for my 2008 23' LSV and I could not be happier. The boat came with a cover from someone who attempted to copy Cory's work but miserably failed. The cover would blow off at any wind above 10 mph. One of the custom features Cory added to my cover this Spring was to install "rubber" grommets at each of my pull-out cleats. They are wonderful and actually aid me when installing the cover if I am tethered to a mooring bouy and have to work the cover from inside the boat. I have attached a photograph of the grommet.

The website for Evolution Covers is at: http://evolutioncovers.com/. Cory's telephone number is (425) 478-2043. Aside from making the best boat covers, Cory is one of the nicest people you will ever meet.

Best regards,

Eric

:plus1: He's the man. He makes a fantastic cover and his willingness to work with you an anything custom you want built into your cover is just icing on the cake! Yahoo.gif

So I ran into this issue when I first bought my boat. Still havent made a for sure decision. I talked to evolution covers. Very nice product. I did notice however those people that have them do not put their towers down and they stay exposed. I have an issue with this as I leave my boat in a slip and Michigan weather is not the greatest. And my plan on putting in 4k worth of stereo equipment wont work if the tower isnt covered. I did speak to a local boat canvas shop and they said they could make me a cover that will go completely over the tower and would solve my issue. Dont know exactly how it will work out but I was wondering why no one has this concern.

Thanks,

Claudio

So I ran into this issue when I first bought my boat. Still havent made a for sure decision. I talked to evolution covers. Very nice product. I did notice however those people that have them do not put their towers down and they stay exposed. I have an issue with this as I leave my boat in a slip and Michigan weather is not the greatest. And my plan on putting in 4k worth of stereo equipment wont work if the tower isnt covered. I did speak to a local boat canvas shop and they said they could make me a cover that will go completely over the tower and would solve my issue. Dont know exactly how it will work out but I was wondering why no one has this concern.

Thanks,

Claudio

You need to get tower speakers that you can easily remove from your tower when you store it on the lift.