Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

changed out pumps to Tsunami 1200gph pix

Cole69218

i spent around $130 those 2 brass fittings where $8.60 a piece ouch. its for my 1100 in rear locker need to test it this weekend to see if i get any siphon r fill problems. bought a heat gun at harbor friaght for $13 worked good

Edited by Cole69218

ya i was wondering how bad it was going to get beat up right there was thinking about tryin to get it around the corner on the side but i might just build a box for it

Edited by Cole69218

looks good, i like the use of the fly high bag fittings for the brass connection.

Have you thought about building something around the drain pump that you can screw to the floor to protect it from a full bag?

I bet it will be fine as long as you have it flat like that. I say that and I am actually one of the people that had a pump break in that exact spot. I think when mine broke, it was not lying exactly how yours is in the pictures, and that allowed the bag to torque on the pump, and that is what broke it. That was in one of my previous boats.

Another option would be to put a straight fitting on it and pass the hose through the back wall and put the pump behind the wall. That is what I ever would have done if I had broken another one.

Did you say you have not yet tested this out? I ask because I would be seriously worried that your fill pump is not going to prime. By the time you have the shut off valve, and 2 brass elbows, plus the Tsunami intake, I bet you are going to have the pump above the water line and you are not going to be able to fill. Nevermind if you have already tested it and it fills fine. I am about to do this exact project in a week or so, and I planned on a brass elbow, then shut off valve, then Tsunami pump...so that the Tsunami lays on the floor of the bilge, instead of sticking up.

Edited by TallRedRider

I bet it will be fine as long as you have it flat like that. I say that and I am actually one of the people that had a pump break in that exact spot. I think when mine broke, it was not lying exactly how yours is in the pictures, and that allowed the bag to torque on the pump, and that is what broke it. That was in one of my previous boats.

Another option would be to put a straight fitting on it and pass the hose through the back wall and put the pump behind the wall. That is what I ever would have done if I had broken another one.

Did you say you have not yet tested this out? I ask because I would be seriously worried that your fill pump is not going to prime. By the time you have the shut off valve, and 2 brass elbows, plus the Tsunami intake, I bet you are going to have the pump above the water line and you are not going to be able to fill. Nevermind if you have already tested it and it fills fine. I am about to do this exact project in a week or so, and I planned on a brass elbow, then shut off valve, then Tsunami pump...so that the Tsunami lays on the floor of the bilge, instead of sticking up.

goin to test tomorrow i tryed to fit it like that laying down on the floor but it was to big to turn might have to try something else if it doesnt work

Did you use 1" on all the fittings?

If so what was the fill/drain time difference going from 3/4 to 1"?

-Paul

3/4 to 1 doesnt change anything still is pumping the water at the same rate

works great!!!!! now that cut my fill/drain time down its not even a wait anymore love it

Good to know that it was not too high to be able to prime. If I cannot find a good spot to lay it down, I might have to use your method. Congrats on a job well done.

fill time is chaged cuz I switch from a 700gph to the 1200gph

I was referencing post #11. Were you able to time the fill to see the difference. If my stock pumps ever go out I was thinking about going bigger.

I was referencing post #11. Were you able to time the fill to see the difference. If my stock pumps ever go out I was thinking about going bigger.

Im on the water ill time it give me 5 mins