Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Response TXI

Msteit

Just recieved my new reponse txi over the weekend. love the boat but when i skied behind it i noticed a pretty big roostertail at 15' off and 22' ft off. Just wondering if there are any suggestions on how to minimize the roostertail

How about a picture of the wake and some more details on whats in the boat weight wise. People, placement and any excessive gear.

All boats kick up a little rooster tail. Size and how hard it is are subject to opinion.

It has monkey bars on it. Take them off and I bet your problem is solved. Less gas and a little weight in the bow can also help. Finally, the prop can effect the wake as much as anything else. The word on the street is that different props on the 2011 Mastercraft will make the slalom wake go from awesome to knee-breaker and vice verse.

http://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/3507/mastercraft-wake

The one I had the opportunity to ski behind was not loaded up, no tower and no rear seat at the time. I did not ski those line lengths, but from 28 on in, it was very, very nice, flat and no rooster. Another skier at 22' did not comment on a rooster when he was skiing, only that the wake was very flat. Weight at the transom does make a significant difference, so I would suggest trying it w/o the rear seat and a low level of fuel. Rooster tail is more of a hull/prop design item, so a different prop could alter the rooster tail. A major focus on that boat was the longer line length wakes, so I would assume that so minor adjustments will cure your concern. Does the boat have a wedge by chance, if so could it be just slightly dragging in the water? Just an idea.

the roll bars wont hurt your wake, they're far enough up forward that's it's like having another person in the boat so a very slight increase, but not substantial. I have them on my 2007 and will get them on my new boat, we just use them too much not to have them. I never use them as a slalom skier, but weekend guests wakeboarding and surfing etc... we use it a lot. I'm not sure if the tower fits the lines of the windshield as nicely as the previous lower and longer windshield but it may be just the angle of the photo as I would love to see a few different photos to really make up my mind.

I'm wondering if there are other tower options that would look a bit different, it would be nice to see them prior to purchase and as always they must not be too far back to interfere with the rope at shortline. Also the extreme tower is a mini tower that definately fits the profile of the boat better than the full size towers. Maybe they have a mini illusion tower? wonder if it's a whole lot heavier?

Nice colors on the boat Msteit, flyers fan?

"It has monkey bars" :lol::rofl::lol::rofl: Had to clean the screen on the lap top.

I meet a couple last night who are building a privet lake. they were skiing and run a CC200 He was at 35 off so not bad skiers.

both said they had a chance to ski the new TXI and were impressed.

the roll bars wont hurt your wake, they're far enough up forward that's it's like having another person in the boat so a very slight increase, but not substantial. I have them on my 2007 and will get them on my new boat, we just use them too much not to have them. I never use them as a slalom skier, but weekend guests wakeboarding and surfing etc... we use it a lot. I'm not sure if the tower fits the lines of the windshield as nicely as the previous lower and longer windshield but it may be just the angle of the photo as I would love to see a few different photos to really make up my mind.

I'm wondering if there are other tower options that would look a bit different, it would be nice to see them prior to purchase and as always they must not be too far back to interfere with the rope at shortline. Also the extreme tower is a mini tower that definately fits the profile of the boat better than the full size towers. Maybe they have a mini illusion tower? wonder if it's a whole lot heavier?

Nice colors on the boat Msteit, flyers fan?

sorry but Go Pens!

i ski every week

what boat are you used to (do you ski behind every week)? To be frank, I'm asking because saying there is a rooster tail at 15 off is very very strange as 15 off is not where rooster tails are generally found. So, I guess I'm just trying to evaluate the accuracy of that. If so, that may mean that the RT is pushed further back, a good thing for many buyers.

what boat are you used to (do you ski behind every week)? To be frank, I'm asking because saying there is a rooster tail at 15 off is very very strange as 15 off is not where rooster tails are generally found. So, I guess I'm just trying to evaluate the accuracy of that. If so, that may mean that the RT is pushed further back, a good thing for many buyers.

I am used to skiing behind the 1998 response LX. I would say though that the TXI would probably have the perfect wake at shorter line lenghts because of the RT being pushed back. The wake itself at 15 off is soft except for the RT which is non-existant on the LX i also ride behind

34 and 36

Any chance the wedge was down? I know that sounds silly, but I actually did it the other day, and man there was a nice firm bump at 28' off 34mph. I thought I was just tired after 9 straight days of skiing, but as I climbed back in the boat I noticed what I had done and just laughed at myself :crazy:

Edit: :oops: I just looked at your pictures and see that you have no wedge. I got nothing.

Edited by msuwaterski

Any chance the wedge was down? I know that sounds silly, but I actually did it the other day, and man there was a nice firm bump at 28' off 34mph. I thought I was just tired after 9 straight days of skiing, but as I climbed back in the boat I noticed what I had done and just laughed at myself :crazy:

Edit: :oops: I just looked at your pictures and see that you have no wedge. I got nothing.

Good thing your driver didn't get bucked out of the boat. that thing had to have been porposing like Shamu.

• 1 month later...

Yes it does. :)

Hey Peter.

We talked the other day on the phone. So, you had a chance to test the TXi with an SSP? Does it help with the curl's chime/chine....(that little ripple effect it puts out in the curl)

My Cousin has the LXi and the curl is terrible for footing, IMO.