Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Glove Box for 2011 Wakesetter LSV

CElliott00

I recently upgraded to a new 2011 Wakesetter 23 LSV. Love the boat. One drawback is that the glove box is not waterproof or resistant. In turn, all items in box get wet? I see it presenting a big problem due to the fact that all the electronics are in the glove box? Anyone else experiencing these problems. It has already shorted out my ipod connection

Why are you getting so much water up on the dash?

We have had a substantial amount of rainfall. I don't always have time to cover the boat? It still should not let water in. My "05 never had this problem

On the earlier models the glove box lid was more of a cover as in it was rounded down on the sides helping to keep water out. On option would be to protect what's in the box by putting it in a zip lock or something similar?

I put our stuff in an otter box cash, ID, keys, phones etc. This is also good for a worst case scenario keeping those items dry and afloat. I would like the glove box to be water resistant though

If you know its going to rain, close the walk though glass, its helps. Also like everyone else said, get an otter box or a ziplock freezer bag if you really want to keep the nice stuff from getting wet.

How about taking 5 minutes to cover your investment? I'm not trying to sound rude, but if you know its going to rain, just cover it. Most people on here treat our boats better than some family members :whistle: As for me, if I say I don't have time, I'm just being lazy. :biggrin:

How about taking 5 minutes to cover your investment? I'm not trying to sound rude, but if you know its going to rain, just cover it. Most people on here treat our boats better than some family members :whistle: As for me, if I say I don't have time, I'm just being lazy. :biggrin:

:plus1: Ours is always covered unless we are using it

Its a boat, it should be made to get wet. Ours is covered when its not in the water.

Edited by Jab31169

I'm sorely disappointed with the glove box on my '10. I understand boats live on the water, but I think a lot more could have been done to keep the box dry. Especially when trying different ballast setups we take a roller over the bow and the glove box is swamped. It's not sealed at all in the front and water just runs right in. Thankfully my little iPod is kicking even though it's been soaked more than once. We keep everything else in bags.

Oddly, I keep my phone next to the steering wheel (I think this cubby has been eliminated on the 2011 with keyless) and it's never seen a drop.

I have several types on board, depending on how much I like people. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Kwik-Tek-Camera-6-Inch-1-5-Inch/dp/B000FE5PBU/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1314729994&sr=8-12

These are great. Pretty easy to open, great seal and just the right size for a smartphone, wallet and keys. We have 3 of them or so.

http://www.amazon.com/3-ALOKSAK%C2%99-Element-Proof-Pouches/dp/B000BT80T8/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1314730191&sr=1-1

The 5x4 seems to be the most useful size, but I've bought a couple variety packs, so we have 8 or so of different sizes. Seem to reseal easily and we haven't worn any out yet.

http://www.amazon.com/Ziploc-Double-Zipper-XX-Large-3-Count/dp/B003U6FMOK/ref=sr_1_3?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1314730292&sr=1-3

I have a couple of these on the boat in case people bring purses etc that they don't want wet. I also use one to store all the boat documentation, manuals, etc.

Its a boat, it should be made to get wet. Ours is covered when its not in the water.

You're right, it is a boat, not a bath tub. :boat: As boats get more luxurious, the inside made to take some water, not get drenched. With all the electronics, stereo's, amps,, tower lights, heaters, LEDs, batteries, Malivu, nice carpet, etc., there is no way you can argue our boats are designed to take on more than a little water and still function properly (other than staying afloat). If the OP is upset that the glove box is wet due to rain, that they are aware is coming, cover your boat, don't complain the boat is not water tight. I cover mine when on the water when I hear a thunder storm is coming or not in use and it is windy as heck. You never know. I don't like bird crap all over the seats n the morning when I wake up. 5 mins to cover your boat does not take time away from :beer: , you can even have one while covering and uncovering :cheers:

2011-04-11_10-43-49_540.jpg

I'm sorely disappointed with the glove box on my '10. I understand boats live on the water, but I think a lot more could have been done to keep the box dry. Especially when trying different ballast setups we take a roller over the bow and the glove box is swamped. It's not sealed at all in the front and water just runs right in. Thankfully my little iPod is kicking even though it's been soaked more than once. We keep everything else in bags.

Dude, what kind of roller did you take over the bow that is gets the glove box swamped?

Oddly, I keep my phone next to the steering wheel (I think this cubby has been eliminated on the 2011 with keyless) and it's never seen a drop.

The cubby is there and that's where my phone lives.

Great statement! I was going to say the same thing, but you beat me to it. I can't understand having such a nice boat and not being able to cover it real quick after use. i bought my boat in pretty rough condition and have been slowly bringin it up to par. even with the condition it's in, i still cover it...it's my baby bu!

Don't any of you ever get caught in a downpour? I have and can't cover the boat with it full of people. My 06 has had water in the box and phones got wet. I have since added a bead of silicone along the lower edge where my door shuts and added a drain tube to the bilge. That has helped a lot. I also added a couple small holes to the bottom of the box so it won't hold any water that gets past the seal. Malibu should do a better job of sealing the glove boxes. :whistle: It is not that hard to do.