Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop Repair

Had a little bad luck this weekend an tore up my prop. Can anyone recommend a good place to get it fixed up? Shipping out of Indy. Do most repair houses charge by the damage or flat rates? Prop is an ACME.

Thanks All. Soon2BV, I contacted the place in Muncie, Delaware Prop. Really reasonable price quote and they rep ACME as well. I hope the work is good.

Also, did you get your question answered on the ski pylon? I pulled mine out this weekend, took about 2 min. I'm making a larger one for a boom attachment.

• 2 weeks later...

I did the same thing, ran aground going very slow 5 mph or less. I would have been fine, I think but I put it in reverse. Slight bends on two blades. Should I be concerned about the blades (fins) in the middle of the boat or the shaft from the v-drive? Recommend taking it to the dealer. It is a 2011 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV. Thanks for your response.

Also, did you get your question answered on the ski pylon? I pulled mine out this weekend, took about 2 min. I'm making a larger one for a boom attachment.

The responses sounded like it would be painful! If you do something, I would love to see the results. Something a little higher would be great.

A buddy and I shipped ours directly back to ACME. They put it back in the jig it was made in to get it just right. Was around 140 round trip. Back in about 10 days. That was slightly more expensive than doing it local, but I am confident the prop is truly balanced to factory spec.

A buddy and I shipped ours directly back to ACME. They put it back in the jig it was made in to get it just right. Was around 140 round trip. Back in about 10 days. That was slightly more expensive than doing it local, but I am confident the prop is truly balanced to factory spec.

• 2 weeks later...

For those interested, Precision Prop in Indy no longer does repair. They guy who did them left and now does them out of his house, I think. Any way, I found Delaware Prop in Muncie Indiana. They do rework for ACME. For about $150 and 7 days it looks pretty good.