Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Color Code Help - Rueben Red

Greetings! I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction to find out a proper color code for my Bu.

A blown tire has left my trailer in need of some body work on the fender, and I'll like to match the paint. However, it is proving to be a little bit tricky.

The trailer is a 2002 Eagle Single Axle, and the color code listed on the trailer, and from the manufacture directly is DPNT ET-2207. Dupont tells me that this color code does not exist.

I tried a Malibu dealer and they told me the color code for Rueben Red is 2231007-3. Dupont tells me that this code does not exist either.

Is there a list of color match codes available? I tried contacting Malibu directly through the internet... but I keep getting a server error.

My other option is to haul the trailer back to the city and get a custom shop to use a chromatic camera... but having the proper code would be so much easier.

Any advice out there?

Thanks,

Blake

My boat also has rueben on her, but the color listed for my red Boatmate brand trailer is called regal, at least that's the color listed on the my initial order form and the bottle of Boatmate touch-up paint. Could not find any color code numbers anywhere.

Greetings! I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction to find out a proper color code for my Bu.

A blown tire has left my trailer in need of some body work on the fender, and I'll like to match the paint. However, it is proving to be a little bit tricky.

The trailer is a 2002 Eagle Single Axle, and the color code listed on the trailer, and from the manufacture directly is DPNT ET-2207. Dupont tells me that this color code does not exist.

I tried a Malibu dealer and they told me the color code for Rueben Red is 2231007-3. Dupont tells me that this code does not exist either.

Is there a list of color match codes available? I tried contacting Malibu directly through the internet... but I keep getting a server error.

My other option is to haul the trailer back to the city and get a custom shop to use a chromatic camera... but having the proper code would be so much easier.

Any advice out there?

Thanks,

Blake

If you take a small piece of your trailer off with the color you want to a local automotive paint store they will be able to color match it perfectly. I did this on my Supra trailer and it worked perfect. They can mix a spray can for you, touch up can, etc.... if you have a swing away tongue take that off and they will be able to color match, also could use a guidepole if it is the correct color you want. This is a great way to do it, because chances are your trailer color has changed a bit since you first bought it because UV rays and wear and tear.