Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Too much?

me and my crew changed the oil the other day (50 hours and counting for this summer) looks like after all was complete I'm about a quart high or thereabouts - a bit high on the dipstick, should I extract a some or does the crew see any issues with just running with a higher level? it's about a centimeter higher then the last mark (hole) on the dipstick. it's the LCR320

any recommendations?

thanks in advance

Kyle

jkendallmsce

me and my crew changed the oil the other day (50 hours and counting for this summer) looks like after all was complete I'm about a quart high or thereabouts - a bit high on the dipstick, should I extract a some or does the crew see any issues with just running with a higher level? it's about a centimeter higher then the last mark (hole) on the dipstick. it's the LCR320

any recommendations?

thanks in advance

Kyle

switch to SAE so everyone knows

any recommendations?

thanks in advance

Kyle

my advice on this would be useless cause i have no idea, but because i have no idea, i would extract back to the fill line. How did you manage to add so much extra oil?

are you talking about the centimeter reference? there are 2.5 centimeters to the inch.

This isn't a USA only site ya know :biggrin:

To O.P.-----

Make sure you run that boat before you check it. The filter will be empty and needs to be filled.

You probably know this. If you have ran the engine then you should probably extract the extra quart.

Edited by Ruffdog

My oil level reads high if the boat has been sitting for a few days. Start the motor, run it a few mins, and then shut it down and it reads exactly where it should be. I guess with my truck, it never sits very long. So I have to ask the retarded question, which point do you rely on?

Edited by Bozboat

My oil level reads high if the boat has been sitting for a few days. Start the motor, run it a few mins, and then shut it down and it reads exactly where it should be. I guess with my truck, it never sits very long. So I have to ask the retarded question, which point do you rely on?

If that is the case then I would trust the measurement after you run it and let it sit for a few minutes. It isn't going to hurt anything if your a tiny bit overfull, but can be very bad if it is a lot (about 1qt plus).

jkendallmsce

any recommendations?

thanks in advance

Kyle

On some, but not all, there is an anti-drain back valve. to keep the oil filter full of oil...if the valve is not sealing 100% the oil inside the oilf filter can escape...and it would escape into the crankcase.

So after running the engine and waiting a few minutes, the dipstick would read full and the oil filter would be full of oil....after several days, the oild filter oil escapes/leaks out of the filter adding/increasing the oil level shown on the dip stick.

and 1 cm is 0.3937 inches, and 1 inch is 2.54 cm

think the indmar manual tells u not to over fill, voids warranty etc etc etc

I would pull the manual, it is listed on the resources section of this site I think

my understanding is that is to much and you should take some out. make sure boat is level, run the boat, let sit for 2 minutes, check oil........if you are 1/3 inch over again I would pull some back out.

This would be nice for all of us to clarify. I "assumed" (i know, lol) oil level should be checked cold after sitting.

Could it be different for different engines? (Mine is the 350 EFI)

Thanks in advance,

Steve B.